Dec 30, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
As we discussed earlier this afternoon, the NHL will indeed change the 2012 Winter Classic’s alumni game’s start time. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi reports that the contest will begin at 3 p.m. ET instead of 1 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Weather.com’s forecast calls for mostly sunny weather with temperatures around 53 degrees around that time – which might actually be a bit warmer than it’s expected to be at 1 p.m. – but perhaps a couple extra hours will give crews enough time to sort the ice out. Versus will carry the alumni game.
Naturally, the bigger worry is how the weather will be on Monday. It’s expected to be considerably cooler, so the 2012 Winter Classic should go off without a hitch. Of course, weather doesn’t always follow the script, so we’ll keep an eye on forecasts as this weekend goes along.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)