Dec 30, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
As we discussed earlier this afternoon, the NHL will indeed change the 2012 Winter Classic’s alumni game’s start time. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi reports that the contest will begin at 3 p.m. ET instead of 1 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Weather.com’s forecast calls for mostly sunny weather with temperatures around 53 degrees around that time – which might actually be a bit warmer than it’s expected to be at 1 p.m. – but perhaps a couple extra hours will give crews enough time to sort the ice out. Versus will carry the alumni game.
Naturally, the bigger worry is how the weather will be on Monday. It’s expected to be considerably cooler, so the 2012 Winter Classic should go off without a hitch. Of course, weather doesn’t always follow the script, so we’ll keep an eye on forecasts as this weekend goes along.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 12
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)