Dec 30, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
As we discussed earlier this afternoon, the NHL will indeed change the 2012 Winter Classic’s alumni game’s start time. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi reports that the contest will begin at 3 p.m. ET instead of 1 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Weather.com’s forecast calls for mostly sunny weather with temperatures around 53 degrees around that time – which might actually be a bit warmer than it’s expected to be at 1 p.m. – but perhaps a couple extra hours will give crews enough time to sort the ice out. Versus will carry the alumni game.
Naturally, the bigger worry is how the weather will be on Monday. It’s expected to be considerably cooler, so the 2012 Winter Classic should go off without a hitch. Of course, weather doesn’t always follow the script, so we’ll keep an eye on forecasts as this weekend goes along.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)