Dec 22, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
The Senators move to trade for Kyle Turris is looking a whole lot smarter now.
Sens center Peter Regin, who has battled shoulder problems for the last two seasons, is out yet again with an injury to the same shoulder that kept him out of action for most of this season. While Regin didn’t get the shoulder operated on when he hurt it last time in October, but he may have to go that route again to repair the damage done.
Ottawa’s trade for Turris now looks a lot better because they can have him slide in on the second line while guys like Zack Smith and Zenon Konopka can take control of the bottom two lines. Regin is due to be a restricted free agent this summer and getting his shoulder operated on would almost certainly end his season.
Turris did well in his first game, but doing well in the long run was always his issue in Phoenix. That is, it was his problem when it didn’t involve getting doomed to the press box by the coach and holding out all summer for a new contract. Hey, new challenges are fun, right? Turris would do well to seize the opportunity.
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 0
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 5
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 15
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 21
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 53
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)