Dec 22, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
The Senators move to trade for Kyle Turris is looking a whole lot smarter now.
Sens center Peter Regin, who has battled shoulder problems for the last two seasons, is out yet again with an injury to the same shoulder that kept him out of action for most of this season. While Regin didn’t get the shoulder operated on when he hurt it last time in October, but he may have to go that route again to repair the damage done.
Ottawa’s trade for Turris now looks a lot better because they can have him slide in on the second line while guys like Zack Smith and Zenon Konopka can take control of the bottom two lines. Regin is due to be a restricted free agent this summer and getting his shoulder operated on would almost certainly end his season.
Turris did well in his first game, but doing well in the long run was always his issue in Phoenix. That is, it was his problem when it didn’t involve getting doomed to the press box by the coach and holding out all summer for a new contract. Hey, new challenges are fun, right? Turris would do well to seize the opportunity.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)