Dec 22, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
The Senators move to trade for Kyle Turris is looking a whole lot smarter now.
Sens center Peter Regin, who has battled shoulder problems for the last two seasons, is out yet again with an injury to the same shoulder that kept him out of action for most of this season. While Regin didn’t get the shoulder operated on when he hurt it last time in October, but he may have to go that route again to repair the damage done.
Ottawa’s trade for Turris now looks a lot better because they can have him slide in on the second line while guys like Zack Smith and Zenon Konopka can take control of the bottom two lines. Regin is due to be a restricted free agent this summer and getting his shoulder operated on would almost certainly end his season.
Turris did well in his first game, but doing well in the long run was always his issue in Phoenix. That is, it was his problem when it didn’t involve getting doomed to the press box by the coach and holding out all summer for a new contract. Hey, new challenges are fun, right? Turris would do well to seize the opportunity.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 76
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (77)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)