Dec 22, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
The Senators move to trade for Kyle Turris is looking a whole lot smarter now.
Sens center Peter Regin, who has battled shoulder problems for the last two seasons, is out yet again with an injury to the same shoulder that kept him out of action for most of this season. While Regin didn’t get the shoulder operated on when he hurt it last time in October, but he may have to go that route again to repair the damage done.
Ottawa’s trade for Turris now looks a lot better because they can have him slide in on the second line while guys like Zack Smith and Zenon Konopka can take control of the bottom two lines. Regin is due to be a restricted free agent this summer and getting his shoulder operated on would almost certainly end his season.
Turris did well in his first game, but doing well in the long run was always his issue in Phoenix. That is, it was his problem when it didn’t involve getting doomed to the press box by the coach and holding out all summer for a new contract. Hey, new challenges are fun, right? Turris would do well to seize the opportunity.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)