Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EST
Being one of the best scorers in the league is becoming a serious health hazard for the league.
You can add the NHL’s leading goal scorer, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek, to the list of players now out of action with a concussion. Senators coach Paul MacLean confirmed that the injury Michalek suffered in Ottawa’s game last night was indeed a concussion and that he’ll be day-to-day with the injury.
Michalek joins Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux on the injured list with concussions and we might want to find a safe house for the likes of Phil Kessel, the Sedin twins, and Steve Stamkos if this keeps up.
The Senators can’t afford to have their top goal scorer be out of action for any length of time and it’ll be up to Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson and his fountain of youth to try and keep things rolling while Michalek gets back in shape to return. With no timetable available as to when that will be, the pressure is on now for Ottawa.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 35
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)