Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EST
Being one of the best scorers in the league is becoming a serious health hazard for the league.
You can add the NHL’s leading goal scorer, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek, to the list of players now out of action with a concussion. Senators coach Paul MacLean confirmed that the injury Michalek suffered in Ottawa’s game last night was indeed a concussion and that he’ll be day-to-day with the injury.
Michalek joins Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux on the injured list with concussions and we might want to find a safe house for the likes of Phil Kessel, the Sedin twins, and Steve Stamkos if this keeps up.
The Senators can’t afford to have their top goal scorer be out of action for any length of time and it’ll be up to Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson and his fountain of youth to try and keep things rolling while Michalek gets back in shape to return. With no timetable available as to when that will be, the pressure is on now for Ottawa.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)