Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Being one of the best scorers in the league is becoming a serious health hazard for the league.
You can add the NHL’s leading goal scorer, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek, to the list of players now out of action with a concussion. Senators coach Paul MacLean confirmed that the injury Michalek suffered in Ottawa’s game last night was indeed a concussion and that he’ll be day-to-day with the injury.
Michalek joins Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux on the injured list with concussions and we might want to find a safe house for the likes of Phil Kessel, the Sedin twins, and Steve Stamkos if this keeps up.
The Senators can’t afford to have their top goal scorer be out of action for any length of time and it’ll be up to Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson and his fountain of youth to try and keep things rolling while Michalek gets back in shape to return. With no timetable available as to when that will be, the pressure is on now for Ottawa.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 1
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 2
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)