Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Being one of the best scorers in the league is becoming a serious health hazard for the league.
You can add the NHL’s leading goal scorer, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek, to the list of players now out of action with a concussion. Senators coach Paul MacLean confirmed that the injury Michalek suffered in Ottawa’s game last night was indeed a concussion and that he’ll be day-to-day with the injury.
Michalek joins Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux on the injured list with concussions and we might want to find a safe house for the likes of Phil Kessel, the Sedin twins, and Steve Stamkos if this keeps up.
The Senators can’t afford to have their top goal scorer be out of action for any length of time and it’ll be up to Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson and his fountain of youth to try and keep things rolling while Michalek gets back in shape to return. With no timetable available as to when that will be, the pressure is on now for Ottawa.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)