Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Being one of the best scorers in the league is becoming a serious health hazard for the league.
You can add the NHL’s leading goal scorer, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek, to the list of players now out of action with a concussion. Senators coach Paul MacLean confirmed that the injury Michalek suffered in Ottawa’s game last night was indeed a concussion and that he’ll be day-to-day with the injury.
Michalek joins Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux on the injured list with concussions and we might want to find a safe house for the likes of Phil Kessel, the Sedin twins, and Steve Stamkos if this keeps up.
The Senators can’t afford to have their top goal scorer be out of action for any length of time and it’ll be up to Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson and his fountain of youth to try and keep things rolling while Michalek gets back in shape to return. With no timetable available as to when that will be, the pressure is on now for Ottawa.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)