Dec 13, 2011, 9:41 PM EST
Tonight was supposed to present a great moment for Ottawa Senators forward Milan Michalek. The slick winger passed Phil Kessel for the goal-scoring lead with 19 only to suffer an upper-body injury in the same game.
Worse yet, that upper-body injury very well might be (you guessed it): a concussion.
It’s believed that Michalek suffered whatever-the-injury-is during a collision with his super-talented teammate Erik Karlsson. If the theme of the last couple weeks isn’t concussions, then it might be teammate-on-teammate crimes. Let’s look at the list of guys who were accidentally injured by their own pals:
- Michalek (via Karlsson).
- Claude Giroux took a knee to the head from Wayne Simmonds, who couldn’t manage to completely hurdle his fellow Flyer.
- This one might only get partial credit, but it’s likely you’ve seen Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz knock each other over in slow-motion a couple times already.
So, to review: if you’re a high-end scorer, it’s not good enough to avoid players wearing other jerseys. Guys in your own uniform can do just as much damage.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 1
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 2
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)