Dec 13, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
Tonight was supposed to present a great moment for Ottawa Senators forward Milan Michalek. The slick winger passed Phil Kessel for the goal-scoring lead with 19 only to suffer an upper-body injury in the same game.
Worse yet, that upper-body injury very well might be (you guessed it): a concussion.
It’s believed that Michalek suffered whatever-the-injury-is during a collision with his super-talented teammate Erik Karlsson. If the theme of the last couple weeks isn’t concussions, then it might be teammate-on-teammate crimes. Let’s look at the list of guys who were accidentally injured by their own pals:
- Michalek (via Karlsson).
- Claude Giroux took a knee to the head from Wayne Simmonds, who couldn’t manage to completely hurdle his fellow Flyer.
- This one might only get partial credit, but it’s likely you’ve seen Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz knock each other over in slow-motion a couple times already.
So, to review: if you’re a high-end scorer, it’s not good enough to avoid players wearing other jerseys. Guys in your own uniform can do just as much damage.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5