Dec 13, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
Tonight was supposed to present a great moment for Ottawa Senators forward Milan Michalek. The slick winger passed Phil Kessel for the goal-scoring lead with 19 only to suffer an upper-body injury in the same game.
Worse yet, that upper-body injury very well might be (you guessed it): a concussion.
It’s believed that Michalek suffered whatever-the-injury-is during a collision with his super-talented teammate Erik Karlsson. If the theme of the last couple weeks isn’t concussions, then it might be teammate-on-teammate crimes. Let’s look at the list of guys who were accidentally injured by their own pals:
- Michalek (via Karlsson).
- Claude Giroux took a knee to the head from Wayne Simmonds, who couldn’t manage to completely hurdle his fellow Flyer.
- This one might only get partial credit, but it’s likely you’ve seen Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz knock each other over in slow-motion a couple times already.
So, to review: if you’re a high-end scorer, it’s not good enough to avoid players wearing other jerseys. Guys in your own uniform can do just as much damage.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 35
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 14
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)