Dec 12, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
While the news wasn’t awful, it wasn’t overly optimistic — with the big development being there’s no fixed date for his return to action.
On his status: “Not [feeling] bad. I’m not happy about watching. But I have to make sure with these sort of things that I’m careful and making sure I’m 100 percent before coming back. No timetable [for a return].”
On how he’s feeling: “I did my ImPACT test [concussion exam] and it went pretty good. That was a good sign. It’s much different than previously going through that stuff. That was encouraging. I skated following day after with exertion. I just didn’t feel right. After talking with everyone I figured it was better to be cautious and not take any chances. That’s where I’m at right now.
“The ImPACT isn’t everything. You have to listen to your body on these things too. That was encouraging. My ImPACT was much, much worse after I did it in January. This is something I have to be careful with.
Is he experiencing symptoms? “Yes. If I didn’t I would be practicing. I’ve been doing light exertion stuff and seeing how that goes. It’s that whole [recovery] routine again, but hopefully not as long. When I wasn’t doing something for six, seven months that process was a little longer. Hopefully, that’s not the case here.”
Crosby’s tone and the presser’s overall vibe conveyed a sense of frustration, captured by the Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson:
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)