Dec 12, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
While the news wasn’t awful, it wasn’t overly optimistic — with the big development being there’s no fixed date for his return to action.
On his status: “Not [feeling] bad. I’m not happy about watching. But I have to make sure with these sort of things that I’m careful and making sure I’m 100 percent before coming back. No timetable [for a return].”
On how he’s feeling: “I did my ImPACT test [concussion exam] and it went pretty good. That was a good sign. It’s much different than previously going through that stuff. That was encouraging. I skated following day after with exertion. I just didn’t feel right. After talking with everyone I figured it was better to be cautious and not take any chances. That’s where I’m at right now.
“The ImPACT isn’t everything. You have to listen to your body on these things too. That was encouraging. My ImPACT was much, much worse after I did it in January. This is something I have to be careful with.
Is he experiencing symptoms? “Yes. If I didn’t I would be practicing. I’ve been doing light exertion stuff and seeing how that goes. It’s that whole [recovery] routine again, but hopefully not as long. When I wasn’t doing something for six, seven months that process was a little longer. Hopefully, that’s not the case here.”
Crosby’s tone and the presser’s overall vibe conveyed a sense of frustration, captured by the Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson:
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)