Dec 12, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
While the news wasn’t awful, it wasn’t overly optimistic — with the big development being there’s no fixed date for his return to action.
On his status: “Not [feeling] bad. I’m not happy about watching. But I have to make sure with these sort of things that I’m careful and making sure I’m 100 percent before coming back. No timetable [for a return].”
On how he’s feeling: “I did my ImPACT test [concussion exam] and it went pretty good. That was a good sign. It’s much different than previously going through that stuff. That was encouraging. I skated following day after with exertion. I just didn’t feel right. After talking with everyone I figured it was better to be cautious and not take any chances. That’s where I’m at right now.
“The ImPACT isn’t everything. You have to listen to your body on these things too. That was encouraging. My ImPACT was much, much worse after I did it in January. This is something I have to be careful with.
Is he experiencing symptoms? “Yes. If I didn’t I would be practicing. I’ve been doing light exertion stuff and seeing how that goes. It’s that whole [recovery] routine again, but hopefully not as long. When I wasn’t doing something for six, seven months that process was a little longer. Hopefully, that’s not the case here.”
Crosby’s tone and the presser’s overall vibe conveyed a sense of frustration, captured by the Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson:
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 6
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)