Dec 12, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the ice this morning, but Sidney Crosby isn’t with them.
In a surprising development, given many expected Crosby to return tomorrow against Detroit, No. 87 didn’t practice today and will address the media shortly to update his status.
Crosby was held out of the past two games after suffering a headache following Wednesday’s practice. At that time, the Penguins classified his two-game break as “precautionary” and said he’d be working out on Friday.
In his last game, Crosby had a collision with Boston center David Krejci, which many believed to be the cause of this recent setback. But Pens head coach Dan Bylsma said it was “not a one-time incident in the game” that caused his problem.
“He took a couple of hits in the game and didn’t feel 100 percent after the game,” Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Crosby missed 61 earlier games because of a concussion and has 12 points in eight games since his return last month.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)