Dec 12, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the ice this morning, but Sidney Crosby isn’t with them.
In a surprising development, given many expected Crosby to return tomorrow against Detroit, No. 87 didn’t practice today and will address the media shortly to update his status.
Crosby was held out of the past two games after suffering a headache following Wednesday’s practice. At that time, the Penguins classified his two-game break as “precautionary” and said he’d be working out on Friday.
In his last game, Crosby had a collision with Boston center David Krejci, which many believed to be the cause of this recent setback. But Pens head coach Dan Bylsma said it was “not a one-time incident in the game” that caused his problem.
“He took a couple of hits in the game and didn’t feel 100 percent after the game,” Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Crosby missed 61 earlier games because of a concussion and has 12 points in eight games since his return last month.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)