Dec 11, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Losers of three straight, the Colorado Avalanche enjoyed a nice, light skate today at practice. And when we say nice and light, we mean awful and exhausting. Coach Joe Sacco put the Avs through another bag skate, the team’s second in a matter of weeks.
Some video of the skating session, courtesy the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater:
One thing in particular that Dater noticed:
Sacco stood there and watched everyone pretty closely it seemed like. The guys who lagged behind probably didn’t help themselves – and rookie Brad Malone was one. He was totally gassed and seemed to take his sweet time getting back to the end line after Sacco gave everyone a brief break. The rest of the team was there at the end line ready to go again, but Malone kind of glided on in while everyone waited. That was noticeable to some veteran hockey people watching in the stands, not just me.
Malone, a North Dakota product, made his NHL debut Friday in a 4-1 loss to the Oilers.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)