Dec 5, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
Mark Fistric is going to make sure Brendan Shanahan stays extra busy while in Pebble Beach for the Board of Governors meeting.
Fistric has a phone hearing with Shanahan on Tuesday to discuss his hit on Islanders forward Nino Niederreiter that put him out of action with a concussion. As TSN’s Bob McKenzie clarifies, Fistric’s hearing will be to talk about him leaving his feet to make a hit not because he connected with Niederreiter’s head.
A phone hearing means that Fistric would, at most, see a five-game suspension if Shanahan sees fit to do so.
Whether you think Fistric left his feet or if you believe he came off his feet as a result of delivering a brutal check depends on whether you’re a Stars fan or not. To this untrained eye it appears that Fistric leaves his feet just before delivering the hit. That’s why we’re not referees though and breaking down a hit in slow motion can make figuring things out a lot more difficult rather than making it easier.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)