Dec 5, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Mark Fistric is going to make sure Brendan Shanahan stays extra busy while in Pebble Beach for the Board of Governors meeting.
Fistric has a phone hearing with Shanahan on Tuesday to discuss his hit on Islanders forward Nino Niederreiter that put him out of action with a concussion. As TSN’s Bob McKenzie clarifies, Fistric’s hearing will be to talk about him leaving his feet to make a hit not because he connected with Niederreiter’s head.
A phone hearing means that Fistric would, at most, see a five-game suspension if Shanahan sees fit to do so.
Whether you think Fistric left his feet or if you believe he came off his feet as a result of delivering a brutal check depends on whether you’re a Stars fan or not. To this untrained eye it appears that Fistric leaves his feet just before delivering the hit. That’s why we’re not referees though and breaking down a hit in slow motion can make figuring things out a lot more difficult rather than making it easier.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11