Dec 3, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
If there’s an upside to seeing Derick Brassard‘s agent Allan Walsh rip the Blue Jackets for his client’s lack of play, it’s that it’s helped kick up the trade rumor mill.
One team that’s been mentioned as interested in the often-scratched young forward is the Ottawa Senators. The Sens are in need of a second line center and if Brassard needs a change of scenery, Ottawa could be the place to get it.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun says the Sens would like to bring him aboard, but there’s a catch. Brennan says Brassard’s cap hit of $3.2 million might be too rich for the Senators to take a chance on in the hope Brassard can regain his old playmaking form.
Injuries have been Brassard’s bugaboo with Columbus and having not shown well lately, it’s an understandable risk the Senators would take if they made a run at him. One thing’s for sure here, though — Walsh’s harsh words for Scott Arniel are going to either get Brassard out of town, or help get Arniel fired.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 24
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)