Dec 3, 2011, 12:10 PM EST
If there’s an upside to seeing Derick Brassard‘s agent Allan Walsh rip the Blue Jackets for his client’s lack of play, it’s that it’s helped kick up the trade rumor mill.
One team that’s been mentioned as interested in the often-scratched young forward is the Ottawa Senators. The Sens are in need of a second line center and if Brassard needs a change of scenery, Ottawa could be the place to get it.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun says the Sens would like to bring him aboard, but there’s a catch. Brennan says Brassard’s cap hit of $3.2 million might be too rich for the Senators to take a chance on in the hope Brassard can regain his old playmaking form.
Injuries have been Brassard’s bugaboo with Columbus and having not shown well lately, it’s an understandable risk the Senators would take if they made a run at him. One thing’s for sure here, though — Walsh’s harsh words for Scott Arniel are going to either get Brassard out of town, or help get Arniel fired.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 19
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 17
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)