Dec 3, 2011, 12:10 PM EST
If there’s an upside to seeing Derick Brassard‘s agent Allan Walsh rip the Blue Jackets for his client’s lack of play, it’s that it’s helped kick up the trade rumor mill.
One team that’s been mentioned as interested in the often-scratched young forward is the Ottawa Senators. The Sens are in need of a second line center and if Brassard needs a change of scenery, Ottawa could be the place to get it.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun says the Sens would like to bring him aboard, but there’s a catch. Brennan says Brassard’s cap hit of $3.2 million might be too rich for the Senators to take a chance on in the hope Brassard can regain his old playmaking form.
Injuries have been Brassard’s bugaboo with Columbus and having not shown well lately, it’s an understandable risk the Senators would take if they made a run at him. One thing’s for sure here, though — Walsh’s harsh words for Scott Arniel are going to either get Brassard out of town, or help get Arniel fired.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)