Dec 3, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
If there’s an upside to seeing Derick Brassard‘s agent Allan Walsh rip the Blue Jackets for his client’s lack of play, it’s that it’s helped kick up the trade rumor mill.
One team that’s been mentioned as interested in the often-scratched young forward is the Ottawa Senators. The Sens are in need of a second line center and if Brassard needs a change of scenery, Ottawa could be the place to get it.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun says the Sens would like to bring him aboard, but there’s a catch. Brennan says Brassard’s cap hit of $3.2 million might be too rich for the Senators to take a chance on in the hope Brassard can regain his old playmaking form.
Injuries have been Brassard’s bugaboo with Columbus and having not shown well lately, it’s an understandable risk the Senators would take if they made a run at him. One thing’s for sure here, though — Walsh’s harsh words for Scott Arniel are going to either get Brassard out of town, or help get Arniel fired.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)