Dec 3, 2011, 12:10 PM EST
If there’s an upside to seeing Derick Brassard‘s agent Allan Walsh rip the Blue Jackets for his client’s lack of play, it’s that it’s helped kick up the trade rumor mill.
One team that’s been mentioned as interested in the often-scratched young forward is the Ottawa Senators. The Sens are in need of a second line center and if Brassard needs a change of scenery, Ottawa could be the place to get it.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun says the Sens would like to bring him aboard, but there’s a catch. Brennan says Brassard’s cap hit of $3.2 million might be too rich for the Senators to take a chance on in the hope Brassard can regain his old playmaking form.
Injuries have been Brassard’s bugaboo with Columbus and having not shown well lately, it’s an understandable risk the Senators would take if they made a run at him. One thing’s for sure here, though — Walsh’s harsh words for Scott Arniel are going to either get Brassard out of town, or help get Arniel fired.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)