Nov 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s comeback has been fun to see, especially when he’s piling up points like he did in his first game back and again against Ottawa last night. One guy not all that excited about Crosby’s play last night was Sens forward Nick Foligno.
After the Sens’ 6-3 loss to Pittsburgh, Foligno was more than unhappy that while jostling by the net with Crosby he caught an elbow in the face from The Kid. Foligno sounded off in a passive-aggressive way about Crosby’s less-than delicate ways on the ice.
“It’s not a big deal, but it is something that he preached all summer about that we should limit that and then he goes and does it, so I was just a little disappointed,” Foligno said. “But, you know, that’s a small part of the game and it’s over now.”
When looking at the play it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal, but the point is still there about keeping the shots away from the head.
Does Foligno have a good reason to be grumpy about the play? Sidney Crosby being the heir apparent to Chris Pronger as the new “Captain Elbows” would make for a fun twist and a great heel turn for The Kid.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54