Nov 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s comeback has been fun to see, especially when he’s piling up points like he did in his first game back and again against Ottawa last night. One guy not all that excited about Crosby’s play last night was Sens forward Nick Foligno.
After the Sens’ 6-3 loss to Pittsburgh, Foligno was more than unhappy that while jostling by the net with Crosby he caught an elbow in the face from The Kid. Foligno sounded off in a passive-aggressive way about Crosby’s less-than delicate ways on the ice.
“It’s not a big deal, but it is something that he preached all summer about that we should limit that and then he goes and does it, so I was just a little disappointed,” Foligno said. “But, you know, that’s a small part of the game and it’s over now.”
When looking at the play it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal, but the point is still there about keeping the shots away from the head.
Does Foligno have a good reason to be grumpy about the play? Sidney Crosby being the heir apparent to Chris Pronger as the new “Captain Elbows” would make for a fun twist and a great heel turn for The Kid.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25