Nov 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s comeback has been fun to see, especially when he’s piling up points like he did in his first game back and again against Ottawa last night. One guy not all that excited about Crosby’s play last night was Sens forward Nick Foligno.
After the Sens’ 6-3 loss to Pittsburgh, Foligno was more than unhappy that while jostling by the net with Crosby he caught an elbow in the face from The Kid. Foligno sounded off in a passive-aggressive way about Crosby’s less-than delicate ways on the ice.
“It’s not a big deal, but it is something that he preached all summer about that we should limit that and then he goes and does it, so I was just a little disappointed,” Foligno said. “But, you know, that’s a small part of the game and it’s over now.”
When looking at the play it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal, but the point is still there about keeping the shots away from the head.
Does Foligno have a good reason to be grumpy about the play? Sidney Crosby being the heir apparent to Chris Pronger as the new “Captain Elbows” would make for a fun twist and a great heel turn for The Kid.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)