Nov 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Sidney Crosby‘s comeback has been fun to see, especially when he’s piling up points like he did in his first game back and again against Ottawa last night. One guy not all that excited about Crosby’s play last night was Sens forward Nick Foligno.
After the Sens’ 6-3 loss to Pittsburgh, Foligno was more than unhappy that while jostling by the net with Crosby he caught an elbow in the face from The Kid. Foligno sounded off in a passive-aggressive way about Crosby’s less-than delicate ways on the ice.
“It’s not a big deal, but it is something that he preached all summer about that we should limit that and then he goes and does it, so I was just a little disappointed,” Foligno said. “But, you know, that’s a small part of the game and it’s over now.”
When looking at the play it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal, but the point is still there about keeping the shots away from the head.
Does Foligno have a good reason to be grumpy about the play? Sidney Crosby being the heir apparent to Chris Pronger as the new “Captain Elbows” would make for a fun twist and a great heel turn for The Kid.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 0
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)