Nov 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s comeback has been fun to see, especially when he’s piling up points like he did in his first game back and again against Ottawa last night. One guy not all that excited about Crosby’s play last night was Sens forward Nick Foligno.
After the Sens’ 6-3 loss to Pittsburgh, Foligno was more than unhappy that while jostling by the net with Crosby he caught an elbow in the face from The Kid. Foligno sounded off in a passive-aggressive way about Crosby’s less-than delicate ways on the ice.
“It’s not a big deal, but it is something that he preached all summer about that we should limit that and then he goes and does it, so I was just a little disappointed,” Foligno said. “But, you know, that’s a small part of the game and it’s over now.”
When looking at the play it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal, but the point is still there about keeping the shots away from the head.
Does Foligno have a good reason to be grumpy about the play? Sidney Crosby being the heir apparent to Chris Pronger as the new “Captain Elbows” would make for a fun twist and a great heel turn for The Kid.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)