Nov 24, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Earlier, we reported that Dallas captain Brenden Morrow — who sat out last night’s 3-2 OT win over LA — will miss the next three games with an upper-body injury suffered in Monday’s win over Edmonton.
But did we miss the part where Morrow was hurt by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?
We sure did, according to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector:
Here’s the video evidence:
“The greatest 11-year-old ever to play in the National Hockey League.” Classic.
Couple things to consider:
– Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan confirmed Morrow got hurt in the first period against Edmonton. “In the first period he came out for a bit and then he came and finished the game,” Gulutzan said. “He’s got a little upper body issue.”
– The hit occurred on Morrow’s second shift (which ended at the 14:08 mark of the first period.) He didn’t return until there was 4:53 left in the frame and finished with just 11:49 of ice time, his lowest total of the season.
It sure does look/sound like RNH put Morrow on the shelf. Not to glorify violence (kill kill kill) or anything, but this is one of Nugent-Hopkins’ most impressive moments so far. Morrow has 30 pounds, 14 years and an immeasurable amount of grownup hair on Nugent-Hopkins. Spector also added that Morrow is “one of the strongest guys on his skates in the NHL.”
It’s not like the hit was a leverage or balance thing, either — Nugent-Hopkins “trucked” Morrow. If you’re unfamiliar with trucking, here’s Brandon Jacobs doing it to LaRon Landry. Oof.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)