Nov 24, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Earlier, we reported that Dallas captain Brenden Morrow — who sat out last night’s 3-2 OT win over LA — will miss the next three games with an upper-body injury suffered in Monday’s win over Edmonton.
But did we miss the part where Morrow was hurt by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?
We sure did, according to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector:
Here’s the video evidence:
“The greatest 11-year-old ever to play in the National Hockey League.” Classic.
Couple things to consider:
— Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan confirmed Morrow got hurt in the first period against Edmonton. “In the first period he came out for a bit and then he came and finished the game,” Gulutzan said. “He’s got a little upper body issue.”
— The hit occurred on Morrow’s second shift (which ended at the 14:08 mark of the first period.) He didn’t return until there was 4:53 left in the frame and finished with just 11:49 of ice time, his lowest total of the season.
It sure does look/sound like RNH put Morrow on the shelf. Not to glorify violence (kill kill kill) or anything, but this is one of Nugent-Hopkins’ most impressive moments so far. Morrow has 30 pounds, 14 years and an immeasurable amount of grownup hair on Nugent-Hopkins. Spector also added that Morrow is “one of the strongest guys on his skates in the NHL.”
It’s not like the hit was a leverage or balance thing, either — Nugent-Hopkins “trucked” Morrow. If you’re unfamiliar with trucking, here’s Brandon Jacobs doing it to LaRon Landry. Oof.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)