Nov 24, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Earlier, we reported that Dallas captain Brenden Morrow — who sat out last night’s 3-2 OT win over LA — will miss the next three games with an upper-body injury suffered in Monday’s win over Edmonton.
But did we miss the part where Morrow was hurt by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?
We sure did, according to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector:
Here’s the video evidence:
“The greatest 11-year-old ever to play in the National Hockey League.” Classic.
Couple things to consider:
– Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan confirmed Morrow got hurt in the first period against Edmonton. “In the first period he came out for a bit and then he came and finished the game,” Gulutzan said. “He’s got a little upper body issue.”
– The hit occurred on Morrow’s second shift (which ended at the 14:08 mark of the first period.) He didn’t return until there was 4:53 left in the frame and finished with just 11:49 of ice time, his lowest total of the season.
It sure does look/sound like RNH put Morrow on the shelf. Not to glorify violence (kill kill kill) or anything, but this is one of Nugent-Hopkins’ most impressive moments so far. Morrow has 30 pounds, 14 years and an immeasurable amount of grownup hair on Nugent-Hopkins. Spector also added that Morrow is “one of the strongest guys on his skates in the NHL.”
It’s not like the hit was a leverage or balance thing, either — Nugent-Hopkins “trucked” Morrow. If you’re unfamiliar with trucking, here’s Brandon Jacobs doing it to LaRon Landry. Oof.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 4
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 21
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)