Nov 24, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Earlier, we reported that Dallas captain Brenden Morrow — who sat out last night’s 3-2 OT win over LA — will miss the next three games with an upper-body injury suffered in Monday’s win over Edmonton.
But did we miss the part where Morrow was hurt by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?
We sure did, according to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector:
Here’s the video evidence:
“The greatest 11-year-old ever to play in the National Hockey League.” Classic.
Couple things to consider:
– Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan confirmed Morrow got hurt in the first period against Edmonton. “In the first period he came out for a bit and then he came and finished the game,” Gulutzan said. “He’s got a little upper body issue.”
– The hit occurred on Morrow’s second shift (which ended at the 14:08 mark of the first period.) He didn’t return until there was 4:53 left in the frame and finished with just 11:49 of ice time, his lowest total of the season.
It sure does look/sound like RNH put Morrow on the shelf. Not to glorify violence (kill kill kill) or anything, but this is one of Nugent-Hopkins’ most impressive moments so far. Morrow has 30 pounds, 14 years and an immeasurable amount of grownup hair on Nugent-Hopkins. Spector also added that Morrow is “one of the strongest guys on his skates in the NHL.”
It’s not like the hit was a leverage or balance thing, either — Nugent-Hopkins “trucked” Morrow. If you’re unfamiliar with trucking, here’s Brandon Jacobs doing it to LaRon Landry. Oof.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39