Nov 24, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Add another one to the list of injured Dallas Stars: Brenden Morrow is expected to miss the next three games with an upper-body ailment.
Morrow suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton and sat out last night’s overtime win over Los Angeles. Missing the Kings game was expected, but extended time of the shelf wasn’t. Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan initially said “we don’t think he’ll be out too long,” but will now be without his captain for games against Toronto, Phoenix and Colorado.
The injury news is troubling on a couple of fronts. For Morrow, it’s the latest in a season that’s been slowed by ailments — he missed almost the entire preseason with a knee injury and has played 20 games bothered by the inability to get the right fit with his knee brace.
For the Stars, it’s another key contributor out of the lineup. They’re already without Alex Goligoski (broken thumb) and Adam Burish (broken hand), losses that have exposed Dallas’ lack of depth. Tomas Vincour has been forced into a top-six role up front and played 15:49 last night against the Kings, the highest ice-time total of his career.
Solid hit, but Johnson was guilty of an egregious pinch that led to Steve Ott‘s game-winning goal. Remember that lost point should LA and Dallas end up neck-and-neck for playoff seeding come April.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)