Nov 24, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Add another one to the list of injured Dallas Stars: Brenden Morrow is expected to miss the next three games with an upper-body ailment.
Morrow suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton and sat out last night’s overtime win over Los Angeles. Missing the Kings game was expected, but extended time of the shelf wasn’t. Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan initially said “we don’t think he’ll be out too long,” but will now be without his captain for games against Toronto, Phoenix and Colorado.
The injury news is troubling on a couple of fronts. For Morrow, it’s the latest in a season that’s been slowed by ailments — he missed almost the entire preseason with a knee injury and has played 20 games bothered by the inability to get the right fit with his knee brace.
For the Stars, it’s another key contributor out of the lineup. They’re already without Alex Goligoski (broken thumb) and Adam Burish (broken hand), losses that have exposed Dallas’ lack of depth. Tomas Vincour has been forced into a top-six role up front and played 15:49 last night against the Kings, the highest ice-time total of his career.
Solid hit, but Johnson was guilty of an egregious pinch that led to Steve Ott‘s game-winning goal. Remember that lost point should LA and Dallas end up neck-and-neck for playoff seeding come April.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)