Nov 24, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Add another one to the list of injured Dallas Stars: Brenden Morrow is expected to miss the next three games with an upper-body ailment.
Morrow suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton and sat out last night’s overtime win over Los Angeles. Missing the Kings game was expected, but extended time of the shelf wasn’t. Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan initially said “we don’t think he’ll be out too long,” but will now be without his captain for games against Toronto, Phoenix and Colorado.
The injury news is troubling on a couple of fronts. For Morrow, it’s the latest in a season that’s been slowed by ailments — he missed almost the entire preseason with a knee injury and has played 20 games bothered by the inability to get the right fit with his knee brace.
For the Stars, it’s another key contributor out of the lineup. They’re already without Alex Goligoski (broken thumb) and Adam Burish (broken hand), losses that have exposed Dallas’ lack of depth. Tomas Vincour has been forced into a top-six role up front and played 15:49 last night against the Kings, the highest ice-time total of his career.
Solid hit, but Johnson was guilty of an egregious pinch that led to Steve Ott‘s game-winning goal. Remember that lost point should LA and Dallas end up neck-and-neck for playoff seeding come April.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)