Nov 24, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Add another one to the list of injured Dallas Stars: Brenden Morrow is expected to miss the next three games with an upper-body ailment.
Morrow suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over Edmonton and sat out last night’s overtime win over Los Angeles. Missing the Kings game was expected, but extended time of the shelf wasn’t. Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan initially said “we don’t think he’ll be out too long,” but will now be without his captain for games against Toronto, Phoenix and Colorado.
The injury news is troubling on a couple of fronts. For Morrow, it’s the latest in a season that’s been slowed by ailments — he missed almost the entire preseason with a knee injury and has played 20 games bothered by the inability to get the right fit with his knee brace.
For the Stars, it’s another key contributor out of the lineup. They’re already without Alex Goligoski (broken thumb) and Adam Burish (broken hand), losses that have exposed Dallas’ lack of depth. Tomas Vincour has been forced into a top-six role up front and played 15:49 last night against the Kings, the highest ice-time total of his career.
Solid hit, but Johnson was guilty of an egregious pinch that led to Steve Ott‘s game-winning goal. Remember that lost point should LA and Dallas end up neck-and-neck for playoff seeding come April.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles