Nov 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s no doubt that anyone and everyone who’s discussed or been bothered by the proliferation of concussions in the NHL will be watching to see how Sidney Crosby‘s return to action goes tonight and from here on out.
With how the Penguins have taken very close watch on how Crosby’s recovery was handled and the precise care he received, Crosby and the Penguins could be providing the blueprint for how future players could be treated for similar injuries. Crosby’s injury also helped teach a lesson in how concussions are serious business.
Crosby, however, was meticulously watched at all turns by doctors and how he responded to treatment was monitored closely with the Penguins making sure to not push more and stress that he came back regardless of how the team was doing or where they were. After all, if you think Crosby enjoyed watching the playoffs from home, you’re crazy.
If Crosby can come back and not run into any problems and be able to survive the big bumps and bruises that will come through the year without any kind of relapse, then you’ll see a lot of teams making calls to Pittsburgh to find out just how they did things with Sid. While waiting so long to get a player back is hard to do, it’s worth it in the long run if they can come back to playing without any issue. Here’s to hoping that’s what we see happen with Crosby.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)