Nov 20, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
Moments after learning that Sidney Crosby will make his (triumphant?) return against the New York Islanders on Monday night, I couldn’t help but feel bummed that it wouldn’t be on national TV in the United States. Well, fear not hockey fans, because Versus has you covered. With all due respect to what is likely to be a very interesting Boston Bruins-Montreal Canadiens game, Versus will instead show the Islanders-Penguins matchup at 7 pm ET.
Crosby is expected to start the game between frequent linemates Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, but all eyes will be on the Pittsburgh Penguins superstar. Dave Strader will handle the play-by-play while Pierre McGuire plans to do his between-the-glass reporting. Stay tuned to PHT for updates regarding this story and you can get even more hyped up for the game by watching NHL Live at 6:30 pm ET on Monday.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5