Nov 20, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
Moments after learning that Sidney Crosby will make his (triumphant?) return against the New York Islanders on Monday night, I couldn’t help but feel bummed that it wouldn’t be on national TV in the United States. Well, fear not hockey fans, because Versus has you covered. With all due respect to what is likely to be a very interesting Boston Bruins-Montreal Canadiens game, Versus will instead show the Islanders-Penguins matchup at 7 pm ET.
Crosby is expected to start the game between frequent linemates Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, but all eyes will be on the Pittsburgh Penguins superstar. Dave Strader will handle the play-by-play while Pierre McGuire plans to do his between-the-glass reporting. Stay tuned to PHT for updates regarding this story and you can get even more hyped up for the game by watching NHL Live at 6:30 pm ET on Monday.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18