Nov 20, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
Moments after learning that Sidney Crosby will make his (triumphant?) return against the New York Islanders on Monday night, I couldn’t help but feel bummed that it wouldn’t be on national TV in the United States. Well, fear not hockey fans, because Versus has you covered. With all due respect to what is likely to be a very interesting Boston Bruins-Montreal Canadiens game, Versus will instead show the Islanders-Penguins matchup at 7 pm ET.
Crosby is expected to start the game between frequent linemates Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, but all eyes will be on the Pittsburgh Penguins superstar. Dave Strader will handle the play-by-play while Pierre McGuire plans to do his between-the-glass reporting. Stay tuned to PHT for updates regarding this story and you can get even more hyped up for the game by watching NHL Live at 6:30 pm ET on Monday.
- In praise of John Tavares 0
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 7
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31