Oct 11, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
If you can’t get enough of the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup victory and all the ceremonies that come with it, then Versus should make you very happy on Wednesday. Versus will air a behind the scenes look at the Bruins’ banner-raising ceremony starting at 6:30 pm ET.
That rare special will lead into NHL Live and then Versus will begin exclusive coverage during Wednesday games as the Bruins visit the Carolina Hurricanes. (People hoping to catch 2011 playoff scoring champion David Krejci might be out of luck, though.)
A lot of people complained about the lengthy, bombastic ceremony during the Bruins’ home opener, but it’s hard to blame a team for going a little over the top when they waited so long to win another championship. Tomorrow’s feature won’t make those people feel any better, but it should be an interesting segment for most hockey fans – especially fans of the B’s.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51