Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ top line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton has been struggling noticeably to start the season. It created some discussion about splitting the trio up, but an injury to Krejci might take the decision out of Claude Julien’s hands anyway.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports that Krejci was injured during practice today. Haggery reports that he might have hurt his leg or ribs, but the Bruins are just saying it’s a “lower body injury.” Julien didn’t dismiss the possibility of Krejci missing Boston’s two-game road trip because of his new issues.
Those two games take place at Carolina (Oct. 12) and at Chicago (Oct. 15).
Ideally, the Bruins would shuffle an unproductive Horton off the line and maybe plug newly richer Rich Peverley in his spot. It’ll be interesting to see who would take Krejci’s spot if he does miss a few games, though; will Julien bump Patrice Bergeron up to that unit, plug Peverley in that hole or even bump Tyler Seguin all the way to the top?
If nothing else, it shows off Boston’s still-solid depth at center, even if the Bruins would prefer not to brag in this fashion.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 7
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 1
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 42
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP