Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ top line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton has been struggling noticeably to start the season. It created some discussion about splitting the trio up, but an injury to Krejci might take the decision out of Claude Julien’s hands anyway.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports that Krejci was injured during practice today. Haggery reports that he might have hurt his leg or ribs, but the Bruins are just saying it’s a “lower body injury.” Julien didn’t dismiss the possibility of Krejci missing Boston’s two-game road trip because of his new issues.
Those two games take place at Carolina (Oct. 12) and at Chicago (Oct. 15).
Ideally, the Bruins would shuffle an unproductive Horton off the line and maybe plug newly richer Rich Peverley in his spot. It’ll be interesting to see who would take Krejci’s spot if he does miss a few games, though; will Julien bump Patrice Bergeron up to that unit, plug Peverley in that hole or even bump Tyler Seguin all the way to the top?
If nothing else, it shows off Boston’s still-solid depth at center, even if the Bruins would prefer not to brag in this fashion.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)