Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ top line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton has been struggling noticeably to start the season. It created some discussion about splitting the trio up, but an injury to Krejci might take the decision out of Claude Julien’s hands anyway.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports that Krejci was injured during practice today. Haggery reports that he might have hurt his leg or ribs, but the Bruins are just saying it’s a “lower body injury.” Julien didn’t dismiss the possibility of Krejci missing Boston’s two-game road trip because of his new issues.
Those two games take place at Carolina (Oct. 12) and at Chicago (Oct. 15).
Ideally, the Bruins would shuffle an unproductive Horton off the line and maybe plug newly richer Rich Peverley in his spot. It’ll be interesting to see who would take Krejci’s spot if he does miss a few games, though; will Julien bump Patrice Bergeron up to that unit, plug Peverley in that hole or even bump Tyler Seguin all the way to the top?
If nothing else, it shows off Boston’s still-solid depth at center, even if the Bruins would prefer not to brag in this fashion.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)