Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ top line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton has been struggling noticeably to start the season. It created some discussion about splitting the trio up, but an injury to Krejci might take the decision out of Claude Julien’s hands anyway.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports that Krejci was injured during practice today. Haggery reports that he might have hurt his leg or ribs, but the Bruins are just saying it’s a “lower body injury.” Julien didn’t dismiss the possibility of Krejci missing Boston’s two-game road trip because of his new issues.
Those two games take place at Carolina (Oct. 12) and at Chicago (Oct. 15).
Ideally, the Bruins would shuffle an unproductive Horton off the line and maybe plug newly richer Rich Peverley in his spot. It’ll be interesting to see who would take Krejci’s spot if he does miss a few games, though; will Julien bump Patrice Bergeron up to that unit, plug Peverley in that hole or even bump Tyler Seguin all the way to the top?
If nothing else, it shows off Boston’s still-solid depth at center, even if the Bruins would prefer not to brag in this fashion.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)