Oct 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ top line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton has been struggling noticeably to start the season. It created some discussion about splitting the trio up, but an injury to Krejci might take the decision out of Claude Julien’s hands anyway.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports that Krejci was injured during practice today. Haggery reports that he might have hurt his leg or ribs, but the Bruins are just saying it’s a “lower body injury.” Julien didn’t dismiss the possibility of Krejci missing Boston’s two-game road trip because of his new issues.
Those two games take place at Carolina (Oct. 12) and at Chicago (Oct. 15).
Ideally, the Bruins would shuffle an unproductive Horton off the line and maybe plug newly richer Rich Peverley in his spot. It’ll be interesting to see who would take Krejci’s spot if he does miss a few games, though; will Julien bump Patrice Bergeron up to that unit, plug Peverley in that hole or even bump Tyler Seguin all the way to the top?
If nothing else, it shows off Boston’s still-solid depth at center, even if the Bruins would prefer not to brag in this fashion.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)