Oct 11, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
There was a sincere feeling that Sidney Crosby was approaching the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to his concussion rehab. Reports indicated that Crosby was scheduled to meet with his team of doctors to find out if he would be cleared for contact, but Crosby said that didn’t happen today.
Instead of experiencing an exciting leap forward, it looks like Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins will have to settle for baby steps. He practiced today as usual, which one can assume means that he trained rigorously. Unfortunately, he was unable to engage in contact.
This isn’t a situation in which his rehab is hitting a brick wall, though. It’s just that many thought it was finally time to push the fast forward button, but they’ll have to stick with slow motion before Crosby can play again.
Here’s some video of Crosby discussing just what he’s up to this week.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)