Oct 11, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
There was a sincere feeling that Sidney Crosby was approaching the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to his concussion rehab. Reports indicated that Crosby was scheduled to meet with his team of doctors to find out if he would be cleared for contact, but Crosby said that didn’t happen today.
Instead of experiencing an exciting leap forward, it looks like Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins will have to settle for baby steps. He practiced today as usual, which one can assume means that he trained rigorously. Unfortunately, he was unable to engage in contact.
This isn’t a situation in which his rehab is hitting a brick wall, though. It’s just that many thought it was finally time to push the fast forward button, but they’ll have to stick with slow motion before Crosby can play again.
Here’s some video of Crosby discussing just what he’s up to this week.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)