Oct 11, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
There was a sincere feeling that Sidney Crosby was approaching the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to his concussion rehab. Reports indicated that Crosby was scheduled to meet with his team of doctors to find out if he would be cleared for contact, but Crosby said that didn’t happen today.
Instead of experiencing an exciting leap forward, it looks like Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins will have to settle for baby steps. He practiced today as usual, which one can assume means that he trained rigorously. Unfortunately, he was unable to engage in contact.
This isn’t a situation in which his rehab is hitting a brick wall, though. It’s just that many thought it was finally time to push the fast forward button, but they’ll have to stick with slow motion before Crosby can play again.
Here’s some video of Crosby discussing just what he’s up to this week.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)