Oct 11, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
There was a sincere feeling that Sidney Crosby was approaching the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to his concussion rehab. Reports indicated that Crosby was scheduled to meet with his team of doctors to find out if he would be cleared for contact, but Crosby said that didn’t happen today.
Instead of experiencing an exciting leap forward, it looks like Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins will have to settle for baby steps. He practiced today as usual, which one can assume means that he trained rigorously. Unfortunately, he was unable to engage in contact.
This isn’t a situation in which his rehab is hitting a brick wall, though. It’s just that many thought it was finally time to push the fast forward button, but they’ll have to stick with slow motion before Crosby can play again.
Here’s some video of Crosby discussing just what he’s up to this week.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 2
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 30
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 24
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 15
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 52
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 28
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)