Oct 11, 2011, 5:39 PM EST
There was a sincere feeling that Sidney Crosby was approaching the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to his concussion rehab. Reports indicated that Crosby was scheduled to meet with his team of doctors to find out if he would be cleared for contact, but Crosby said that didn’t happen today.
Instead of experiencing an exciting leap forward, it looks like Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins will have to settle for baby steps. He practiced today as usual, which one can assume means that he trained rigorously. Unfortunately, he was unable to engage in contact.
This isn’t a situation in which his rehab is hitting a brick wall, though. It’s just that many thought it was finally time to push the fast forward button, but they’ll have to stick with slow motion before Crosby can play again.
Here’s some video of Crosby discussing just what he’s up to this week.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)