Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Time for an update on how Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is doing after suffering a bicycle accident yesterday in New Jersey. Last night, it was reported by CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that Holmgren suffered broken ribs, a broken shoulder, and other injuries in his accident and was taken to Cooper University Hospital for treatment.
Today, Panaccio’s update on the accident tells us that Holmgren was knocked unconscious by the accident.
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, who suffered multiple fractures in a bicycle accident on Monday in Avalon, N.J. apparently was knocked unconscious and awoke to people tending to him, according to scout Bill Barber.
Holmgren, 55, who lost his balance riding the bike, was wearing a helmet. No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
He remains in Cooper Medical Center with fractured ribs, a fractured shoulder and minor abrasions.
That’s a terrifying way to wake up.
Comcast President & COO Peter Lukko gave an official Flyers update on what Holmgren’s condition is and what exactly happened to Holmgren in his accident.
“It appears that he might have hit a rut or something as he was biking in Avalon. I know Paul, he’s pretty fast on that bike so he probably went over pretty hard. The good news is that it’s certainly nothing life-threatening and we’ll have him back.”
He’s a former hockey player, he’s a gamer. Here’s to hoping Holmgren recovers in full and is ready to see his new acquisitions get to work in training camp and the regular season, he’ll need all of his strength to see if he made the right moves.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)