Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Time for an update on how Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is doing after suffering a bicycle accident yesterday in New Jersey. Last night, it was reported by CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that Holmgren suffered broken ribs, a broken shoulder, and other injuries in his accident and was taken to Cooper University Hospital for treatment.
Today, Panaccio’s update on the accident tells us that Holmgren was knocked unconscious by the accident.
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, who suffered multiple fractures in a bicycle accident on Monday in Avalon, N.J. apparently was knocked unconscious and awoke to people tending to him, according to scout Bill Barber.
Holmgren, 55, who lost his balance riding the bike, was wearing a helmet. No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
He remains in Cooper Medical Center with fractured ribs, a fractured shoulder and minor abrasions.
That’s a terrifying way to wake up.
Comcast President & COO Peter Lukko gave an official Flyers update on what Holmgren’s condition is and what exactly happened to Holmgren in his accident.
“It appears that he might have hit a rut or something as he was biking in Avalon. I know Paul, he’s pretty fast on that bike so he probably went over pretty hard. The good news is that it’s certainly nothing life-threatening and we’ll have him back.”
He’s a former hockey player, he’s a gamer. Here’s to hoping Holmgren recovers in full and is ready to see his new acquisitions get to work in training camp and the regular season, he’ll need all of his strength to see if he made the right moves.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39