Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Time for an update on how Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is doing after suffering a bicycle accident yesterday in New Jersey. Last night, it was reported by CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that Holmgren suffered broken ribs, a broken shoulder, and other injuries in his accident and was taken to Cooper University Hospital for treatment.
Today, Panaccio’s update on the accident tells us that Holmgren was knocked unconscious by the accident.
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, who suffered multiple fractures in a bicycle accident on Monday in Avalon, N.J. apparently was knocked unconscious and awoke to people tending to him, according to scout Bill Barber.
Holmgren, 55, who lost his balance riding the bike, was wearing a helmet. No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
He remains in Cooper Medical Center with fractured ribs, a fractured shoulder and minor abrasions.
That’s a terrifying way to wake up.
Comcast President & COO Peter Lukko gave an official Flyers update on what Holmgren’s condition is and what exactly happened to Holmgren in his accident.
“It appears that he might have hit a rut or something as he was biking in Avalon. I know Paul, he’s pretty fast on that bike so he probably went over pretty hard. The good news is that it’s certainly nothing life-threatening and we’ll have him back.”
He’s a former hockey player, he’s a gamer. Here’s to hoping Holmgren recovers in full and is ready to see his new acquisitions get to work in training camp and the regular season, he’ll need all of his strength to see if he made the right moves.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 0
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 4
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)