Sep 6, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
Time for an update on how Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is doing after suffering a bicycle accident yesterday in New Jersey. Last night, it was reported by CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that Holmgren suffered broken ribs, a broken shoulder, and other injuries in his accident and was taken to Cooper University Hospital for treatment.
Today, Panaccio’s update on the accident tells us that Holmgren was knocked unconscious by the accident.
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, who suffered multiple fractures in a bicycle accident on Monday in Avalon, N.J. apparently was knocked unconscious and awoke to people tending to him, according to scout Bill Barber.
Holmgren, 55, who lost his balance riding the bike, was wearing a helmet. No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
He remains in Cooper Medical Center with fractured ribs, a fractured shoulder and minor abrasions.
That’s a terrifying way to wake up.
Comcast President & COO Peter Lukko gave an official Flyers update on what Holmgren’s condition is and what exactly happened to Holmgren in his accident.
“It appears that he might have hit a rut or something as he was biking in Avalon. I know Paul, he’s pretty fast on that bike so he probably went over pretty hard. The good news is that it’s certainly nothing life-threatening and we’ll have him back.”
He’s a former hockey player, he’s a gamer. Here’s to hoping Holmgren recovers in full and is ready to see his new acquisitions get to work in training camp and the regular season, he’ll need all of his strength to see if he made the right moves.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)