Sep 5, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
According to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was injured after being involved in a serious bicycle accident in the south New Jersey town of Avalon.
Panaccio reports that Holmgren suffered broken ribs, a broken shoulder, other injuries and stitches in a accident. He remains hospitalized at Cooper University Hospital this evening.
Holmgren was the mastermind behind the remaking of the Flyers this offseason sending former captain Mike Richards to Los Angeles, Jeff Carter to Philadelphia, and acquiring Ilya Bryzgalov, Jakub Voracek, Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, as well as signing free agents Maxime Talbot and Andreas Lilja this summer. Holmgren has been GM of the Flyers since the 2006-2007 season when he took over for Bobby Clarke.
The Flyers will have an update on Holmgren’s condition tomorrow. We’ll keep you updated as the story is updated.
Update (10:33 p.m.): Holmgren is listed in stable condition at Cooper University Hospital.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)