Sep 5, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
According to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was injured after being involved in a serious bicycle accident in the south New Jersey town of Avalon.
Panaccio reports that Holmgren suffered broken ribs, a broken shoulder, other injuries and stitches in a accident. He remains hospitalized at Cooper University Hospital this evening.
Holmgren was the mastermind behind the remaking of the Flyers this offseason sending former captain Mike Richards to Los Angeles, Jeff Carter to Philadelphia, and acquiring Ilya Bryzgalov, Jakub Voracek, Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, as well as signing free agents Maxime Talbot and Andreas Lilja this summer. Holmgren has been GM of the Flyers since the 2006-2007 season when he took over for Bobby Clarke.
The Flyers will have an update on Holmgren’s condition tomorrow. We’ll keep you updated as the story is updated.
Update (10:33 p.m.): Holmgren is listed in stable condition at Cooper University Hospital.
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)