Mar 15, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Just a couple weeks after Brendan Morrison hobbled his way off of the Calgary Flames’ top line, David Moss appears to have suffered a similar fate. TSN reports that Moss is day-to-day with a lower body injury that should keep him out at least two weeks.
The 29-year-old forward reportedly left Monday’s practice with a noticeable limp. TSN notes that the injury is likely either ankle or foot-related. Moss has 17 goals and 13 assists for 30 points in 58 games this season, nine points short of his career high from the 2008-09 campaign.
Losing useful forwards such as Moss and Morrison comes at a tough time for the Flames, as their grasp on the West’s eighth spot is tenuous at best. The question shifts to who will replace Moss in the Flames lineup. Matchsticks & Gasoline points out that the team called Alex Kotalik up on re-entry waivers while Olli Jokinen, Curtis Glencross and Fredrik Modin were skating during the team’s morning practice.
This Calgary team has shown a lot of tenacity and once-hidden talent in the post-Darryl Sutter days, but one wonders how many road bumps this team can survive.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)