Mar 15, 2011, 3:36 PM EST
Just a couple weeks after Brendan Morrison hobbled his way off of the Calgary Flames’ top line, David Moss appears to have suffered a similar fate. TSN reports that Moss is day-to-day with a lower body injury that should keep him out at least two weeks.
The 29-year-old forward reportedly left Monday’s practice with a noticeable limp. TSN notes that the injury is likely either ankle or foot-related. Moss has 17 goals and 13 assists for 30 points in 58 games this season, nine points short of his career high from the 2008-09 campaign.
Losing useful forwards such as Moss and Morrison comes at a tough time for the Flames, as their grasp on the West’s eighth spot is tenuous at best. The question shifts to who will replace Moss in the Flames lineup. Matchsticks & Gasoline points out that the team called Alex Kotalik up on re-entry waivers while Olli Jokinen, Curtis Glencross and Fredrik Modin were skating during the team’s morning practice.
This Calgary team has shown a lot of tenacity and once-hidden talent in the post-Darryl Sutter days, but one wonders how many road bumps this team can survive.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 9
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)