Mar 15, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Just a couple weeks after Brendan Morrison hobbled his way off of the Calgary Flames’ top line, David Moss appears to have suffered a similar fate. TSN reports that Moss is day-to-day with a lower body injury that should keep him out at least two weeks.
The 29-year-old forward reportedly left Monday’s practice with a noticeable limp. TSN notes that the injury is likely either ankle or foot-related. Moss has 17 goals and 13 assists for 30 points in 58 games this season, nine points short of his career high from the 2008-09 campaign.
Losing useful forwards such as Moss and Morrison comes at a tough time for the Flames, as their grasp on the West’s eighth spot is tenuous at best. The question shifts to who will replace Moss in the Flames lineup. Matchsticks & Gasoline points out that the team called Alex Kotalik up on re-entry waivers while Olli Jokinen, Curtis Glencross and Fredrik Modin were skating during the team’s morning practice.
This Calgary team has shown a lot of tenacity and once-hidden talent in the post-Darryl Sutter days, but one wonders how many road bumps this team can survive.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)