Mar 15, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Just a couple weeks after Brendan Morrison hobbled his way off of the Calgary Flames’ top line, David Moss appears to have suffered a similar fate. TSN reports that Moss is day-to-day with a lower body injury that should keep him out at least two weeks.
The 29-year-old forward reportedly left Monday’s practice with a noticeable limp. TSN notes that the injury is likely either ankle or foot-related. Moss has 17 goals and 13 assists for 30 points in 58 games this season, nine points short of his career high from the 2008-09 campaign.
Losing useful forwards such as Moss and Morrison comes at a tough time for the Flames, as their grasp on the West’s eighth spot is tenuous at best. The question shifts to who will replace Moss in the Flames lineup. Matchsticks & Gasoline points out that the team called Alex Kotalik up on re-entry waivers while Olli Jokinen, Curtis Glencross and Fredrik Modin were skating during the team’s morning practice.
This Calgary team has shown a lot of tenacity and once-hidden talent in the post-Darryl Sutter days, but one wonders how many road bumps this team can survive.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)