Mar 15, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Just a couple weeks after Brendan Morrison hobbled his way off of the Calgary Flames’ top line, David Moss appears to have suffered a similar fate. TSN reports that Moss is day-to-day with a lower body injury that should keep him out at least two weeks.
The 29-year-old forward reportedly left Monday’s practice with a noticeable limp. TSN notes that the injury is likely either ankle or foot-related. Moss has 17 goals and 13 assists for 30 points in 58 games this season, nine points short of his career high from the 2008-09 campaign.
Losing useful forwards such as Moss and Morrison comes at a tough time for the Flames, as their grasp on the West’s eighth spot is tenuous at best. The question shifts to who will replace Moss in the Flames lineup. Matchsticks & Gasoline points out that the team called Alex Kotalik up on re-entry waivers while Olli Jokinen, Curtis Glencross and Fredrik Modin were skating during the team’s morning practice.
This Calgary team has shown a lot of tenacity and once-hidden talent in the post-Darryl Sutter days, but one wonders how many road bumps this team can survive.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)