Feb 12, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Friday night’s games featured two gorgeous glove saves. New York Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen made one of them, as he blindly lifted his glove to make a stunning stop, but it wasn’t good enough to earn February 11th’s best save. (Don’t feel too bad for Koskinen, he earned one already for Thursday.)
Nope, the highest mark goes to Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, who showed great timing, lateral movement and a fantastic glove to stop a would-be Chicago Blackhawks goal and help his team come back from a 3-0 deficit. Check out “Lehtonen’s larceny” below.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45