Feb 12, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Friday night’s games featured two gorgeous glove saves. New York Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen made one of them, as he blindly lifted his glove to make a stunning stop, but it wasn’t good enough to earn February 11th’s best save. (Don’t feel too bad for Koskinen, he earned one already for Thursday.)
Nope, the highest mark goes to Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, who showed great timing, lateral movement and a fantastic glove to stop a would-be Chicago Blackhawks goal and help his team come back from a 3-0 deficit. Check out “Lehtonen’s larceny” below.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5