Feb 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Being forced into duty, Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen sure wasn’t being counted on to do incredible things in goal for New York. After all, he was the sixth goalie the Islanders have had to turn to this season and for all intents and purposes he should be doing all his on-the-job training in the AHL right now.
Instead, he’s getting to start in Montreal against the Canadiens and he’s helping the Islanders win in the shootout while making one of the sickest saves we’ve seen all season long. James Wisniewski was made out to be the victim on this acrobatic diving stop by the Finnish rookie. If we haven’t had a save of the year candidate yet this year, I think we’ve got a front-runner now.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38