Feb 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Being forced into duty, Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen sure wasn’t being counted on to do incredible things in goal for New York. After all, he was the sixth goalie the Islanders have had to turn to this season and for all intents and purposes he should be doing all his on-the-job training in the AHL right now.
Instead, he’s getting to start in Montreal against the Canadiens and he’s helping the Islanders win in the shootout while making one of the sickest saves we’ve seen all season long. James Wisniewski was made out to be the victim on this acrobatic diving stop by the Finnish rookie. If we haven’t had a save of the year candidate yet this year, I think we’ve got a front-runner now.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 7
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 16
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 57
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22