Feb 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Being forced into duty, Islanders goalie Mikko Koskinen sure wasn’t being counted on to do incredible things in goal for New York. After all, he was the sixth goalie the Islanders have had to turn to this season and for all intents and purposes he should be doing all his on-the-job training in the AHL right now.
Instead, he’s getting to start in Montreal against the Canadiens and he’s helping the Islanders win in the shootout while making one of the sickest saves we’ve seen all season long. James Wisniewski was made out to be the victim on this acrobatic diving stop by the Finnish rookie. If we haven’t had a save of the year candidate yet this year, I think we’ve got a front-runner now.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40