Feb 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When it came to the Save of the Night, there wasn’t much doubt. It would have taken something amazing to top Cam Ward’s stop and Tuukka Rask played for the Boston Bruins instead of Tim Thomas, so it stood strong.
The Goal of the Night, meanwhile, isn’t quite clear. In fact, there is a legitimate fear that there is a tally out there that’s better.
Despite that feeling, Ville Leino‘s game winning goal is still pretty dandy. It was part of the productive winger’s first career two-goal game, which is kind of hard to believe considering the fact that he’s been such a nice find for the Philadelphia Flyers. Check it out below.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)