Feb 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When it came to the Save of the Night, there wasn’t much doubt. It would have taken something amazing to top Cam Ward’s stop and Tuukka Rask played for the Boston Bruins instead of Tim Thomas, so it stood strong.
The Goal of the Night, meanwhile, isn’t quite clear. In fact, there is a legitimate fear that there is a tally out there that’s better.
Despite that feeling, Ville Leino‘s game winning goal is still pretty dandy. It was part of the productive winger’s first career two-goal game, which is kind of hard to believe considering the fact that he’s been such a nice find for the Philadelphia Flyers. Check it out below.
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 0
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 9
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 7
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 6
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 20
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)