Feb 4, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As we’ve discussed before, there tend to be two types of saves that win these nightly awards. The first is a big stop that earns the award because of how important it might have been during a given game. The alternate version is a relatively insignificant stop that nonetheless leaves people with their jaws dropped.
Cam Ward’s stop was a great example of that alternate version. His save is spell-binding, but it didn’t really matter; the Hurricanes lost 3-0 and the Maple Leafs actually cashed in shortly after that stunning stop. Still, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s an amazing save. You can see Ward’s winner as well as the Leafs’ third goal in this video below.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38