Feb 4, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As we’ve discussed before, there tend to be two types of saves that win these nightly awards. The first is a big stop that earns the award because of how important it might have been during a given game. The alternate version is a relatively insignificant stop that nonetheless leaves people with their jaws dropped.
Cam Ward’s stop was a great example of that alternate version. His save is spell-binding, but it didn’t really matter; the Hurricanes lost 3-0 and the Maple Leafs actually cashed in shortly after that stunning stop. Still, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s an amazing save. You can see Ward’s winner as well as the Leafs’ third goal in this video below.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 64
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63