Jan 26, 2011, 12:49 AM EST
The Ducks head into the All-Star break having won seven of their last nine and 10 out of 13 games, while Jonas Hiller earned his league-leading 25th win. This game marked Teemu Selanne’s 100th career game winning goal and Jason Blake‘s 200th career goal.
The Penguins might not have Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin right now, but they still have a red-hot Marc-Andre Fleury in net. Fleury stopped all 29 Islanders shots to earn a 1-0 win, as Craig Adams scored the game’s only goal. Kevin Poulin stopped all but one of Pittsburgh’s 31 shots in this one.
Mike Weaver scored a game winning goal on the Panthers’ only shot in the third period, breaking Florida’s four game losing streak in the process. They almost blew a 3-1 lead but managed to squeak by thanks to Weaver’s goal.
While the Senators’ playoff hopes are almost dead at six losses in a row, the Sabres are only four points out of the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference with two less games played than the Thrashers. Shoane Morrisonn scored the overtime game winner for Buffalo.
The Flyers will go into the weekend as the top team in the NHL thanks to the 1,000th home win in their franchise history. They scored two power-play goals in the first period to give themselves a nice lead and never really let the Habs get in the game. Chris Pronger provided four assists while Danny Briere scored a goal and an assist.
The Wild continue to be tough on the road, as they earned their 14th away win – one less than they earned all of last season. Of course, when you have a goalie playing as well as Niklas Backstrom (31 saves) has, maybe it shouldn’t be so surprising.
It looked like this game would go into charity point mode (er, overtime), but Dustin Penner spoiled the Coyotes’ chances by winning it with 21 seconds left in the third period instead.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)