Video: Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discuss which player should go first in All-Star Game Fantasy Draft
Jan 23, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
While Mike Milbury admits that he is bored by All-Star Games – at least if they remain the way they are, as loose checking affairs – his discussion regarding which player will be the top pick in the 2011 Fantasy Draft shows that it might be a snooze fest much longer.
Milbury discusses his opinion that Alex Ovechkin would have been an obvious choice for the No. 1 pick last year, yet Steve Stamkos has encroached on the Russian star’s status as one of the game’s most explosive goal scorers.
It really does bring up a good question: who’s going No. 1? The only thing that might kill some of the fun is that Eric Staal and/or Nicklas Lidstrom might base their decisions based on friendship more than anything else. Staal is likely to pick close friends and teammates such as Cam Ward and his brother Marc. Meanwhile Lidstrom might lean toward Swedes and other European players.
Perhaps the better question is: who should be the top pick on Friday?
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 7
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 15
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)