Video: Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discuss which player should go first in All-Star Game Fantasy Draft
Jan 23, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
While Mike Milbury admits that he is bored by All-Star Games – at least if they remain the way they are, as loose checking affairs – his discussion regarding which player will be the top pick in the 2011 Fantasy Draft shows that it might be a snooze fest much longer.
Milbury discusses his opinion that Alex Ovechkin would have been an obvious choice for the No. 1 pick last year, yet Steve Stamkos has encroached on the Russian star’s status as one of the game’s most explosive goal scorers.
It really does bring up a good question: who’s going No. 1? The only thing that might kill some of the fun is that Eric Staal and/or Nicklas Lidstrom might base their decisions based on friendship more than anything else. Staal is likely to pick close friends and teammates such as Cam Ward and his brother Marc. Meanwhile Lidstrom might lean toward Swedes and other European players.
Perhaps the better question is: who should be the top pick on Friday?
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)