Video: Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discuss which player should go first in All-Star Game Fantasy Draft
Jan 23, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
While Mike Milbury admits that he is bored by All-Star Games – at least if they remain the way they are, as loose checking affairs – his discussion regarding which player will be the top pick in the 2011 Fantasy Draft shows that it might be a snooze fest much longer.
Milbury discusses his opinion that Alex Ovechkin would have been an obvious choice for the No. 1 pick last year, yet Steve Stamkos has encroached on the Russian star’s status as one of the game’s most explosive goal scorers.
It really does bring up a good question: who’s going No. 1? The only thing that might kill some of the fun is that Eric Staal and/or Nicklas Lidstrom might base their decisions based on friendship more than anything else. Staal is likely to pick close friends and teammates such as Cam Ward and his brother Marc. Meanwhile Lidstrom might lean toward Swedes and other European players.
Perhaps the better question is: who should be the top pick on Friday?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)