Video: Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discuss which player should go first in All-Star Game Fantasy Draft
Jan 23, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
While Mike Milbury admits that he is bored by All-Star Games – at least if they remain the way they are, as loose checking affairs – his discussion regarding which player will be the top pick in the 2011 Fantasy Draft shows that it might be a snooze fest much longer.
Milbury discusses his opinion that Alex Ovechkin would have been an obvious choice for the No. 1 pick last year, yet Steve Stamkos has encroached on the Russian star’s status as one of the game’s most explosive goal scorers.
It really does bring up a good question: who’s going No. 1? The only thing that might kill some of the fun is that Eric Staal and/or Nicklas Lidstrom might base their decisions based on friendship more than anything else. Staal is likely to pick close friends and teammates such as Cam Ward and his brother Marc. Meanwhile Lidstrom might lean toward Swedes and other European players.
Perhaps the better question is: who should be the top pick on Friday?
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8