Video: Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discuss which player should go first in All-Star Game Fantasy Draft
Jan 23, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
While Mike Milbury admits that he is bored by All-Star Games – at least if they remain the way they are, as loose checking affairs – his discussion regarding which player will be the top pick in the 2011 Fantasy Draft shows that it might be a snooze fest much longer.
Milbury discusses his opinion that Alex Ovechkin would have been an obvious choice for the No. 1 pick last year, yet Steve Stamkos has encroached on the Russian star’s status as one of the game’s most explosive goal scorers.
It really does bring up a good question: who’s going No. 1? The only thing that might kill some of the fun is that Eric Staal and/or Nicklas Lidstrom might base their decisions based on friendship more than anything else. Staal is likely to pick close friends and teammates such as Cam Ward and his brother Marc. Meanwhile Lidstrom might lean toward Swedes and other European players.
Perhaps the better question is: who should be the top pick on Friday?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)