Jan 8, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of discussion regarding Sidney Crosby‘s concussion symptoms and the two hits (one by David Steckel, one by Victor Hedman) believed to cause those problems, but little if none of that came from Crosby himself.
On the heels of Dan Bylsma denying knowledge of playing Crosby despite concussion symptoms, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ team captain and NHL points leader addressed the media this afternoon.
He said that this is the first time he’s ever had to deal with a concussion and discussed some of the symptoms, saying he just “felt off” during the team’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Crosby also noted that he “didn’t like” the hits delivered by Hedman and Steckel, although he said he wasn’t sure if the league should have disciplined Steckel for the hit. (He didn’t elaborate much on the Hedman check other than saying that it was a hit to the head.)
Here is video of Crosby’s comments and text-based answers can be found if you wade through some of the other information in this report on the Penguins’ Web site.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 32
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 44
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)