Jan 8, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of discussion regarding Sidney Crosby‘s concussion symptoms and the two hits (one by David Steckel, one by Victor Hedman) believed to cause those problems, but little if none of that came from Crosby himself.
On the heels of Dan Bylsma denying knowledge of playing Crosby despite concussion symptoms, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ team captain and NHL points leader addressed the media this afternoon.
He said that this is the first time he’s ever had to deal with a concussion and discussed some of the symptoms, saying he just “felt off” during the team’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Crosby also noted that he “didn’t like” the hits delivered by Hedman and Steckel, although he said he wasn’t sure if the league should have disciplined Steckel for the hit. (He didn’t elaborate much on the Hedman check other than saying that it was a hit to the head.)
Here is video of Crosby’s comments and text-based answers can be found if you wade through some of the other information in this report on the Penguins’ Web site.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)