Jan 8, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of discussion regarding Sidney Crosby‘s concussion symptoms and the two hits (one by David Steckel, one by Victor Hedman) believed to cause those problems, but little if none of that came from Crosby himself.
On the heels of Dan Bylsma denying knowledge of playing Crosby despite concussion symptoms, the Pittsburgh Penguins’ team captain and NHL points leader addressed the media this afternoon.
He said that this is the first time he’s ever had to deal with a concussion and discussed some of the symptoms, saying he just “felt off” during the team’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Crosby also noted that he “didn’t like” the hits delivered by Hedman and Steckel, although he said he wasn’t sure if the league should have disciplined Steckel for the hit. (He didn’t elaborate much on the Hedman check other than saying that it was a hit to the head.)
Here is video of Crosby’s comments and text-based answers can be found if you wade through some of the other information in this report on the Penguins’ Web site.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 6
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)