Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
I think we could all live pretty peacefully if all the highlight reel goals in the world we could see happen in the shootout. It’s the part of the game that was meant to have innovation and creativity.While some goalies throw a fit over seeing creativity brought to the forefront, Mikhail Grabovsky doesn’t think much of such complaints.
With the Leafs having blown a 5-2 lead to the Blues and now down by a goal in the shootout, it was up to Grabovsky to get the Leafs on the board in the over-glorified skills competition and Grabovsky pulled out a trick that would probably make a guy like Dan Ellis lose his mind all over again.
What Grabovsky did to Ty Conklin was downright nasty as he skated in across the crease, breaking out the spinorama and sniping one past the Blues goalie. Tyler Bozak would go on to win it in the shootout for the Leafs but it’s Grabovsky’s goal that will leave everyone talking. Enjoy the show.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11