Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
I think we could all live pretty peacefully if all the highlight reel goals in the world we could see happen in the shootout. It’s the part of the game that was meant to have innovation and creativity.While some goalies throw a fit over seeing creativity brought to the forefront, Mikhail Grabovsky doesn’t think much of such complaints.
With the Leafs having blown a 5-2 lead to the Blues and now down by a goal in the shootout, it was up to Grabovsky to get the Leafs on the board in the over-glorified skills competition and Grabovsky pulled out a trick that would probably make a guy like Dan Ellis lose his mind all over again.
What Grabovsky did to Ty Conklin was downright nasty as he skated in across the crease, breaking out the spinorama and sniping one past the Blues goalie. Tyler Bozak would go on to win it in the shootout for the Leafs but it’s Grabovsky’s goal that will leave everyone talking. Enjoy the show.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)