Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
I think we could all live pretty peacefully if all the highlight reel goals in the world we could see happen in the shootout. It’s the part of the game that was meant to have innovation and creativity.While some goalies throw a fit over seeing creativity brought to the forefront, Mikhail Grabovsky doesn’t think much of such complaints.
With the Leafs having blown a 5-2 lead to the Blues and now down by a goal in the shootout, it was up to Grabovsky to get the Leafs on the board in the over-glorified skills competition and Grabovsky pulled out a trick that would probably make a guy like Dan Ellis lose his mind all over again.
What Grabovsky did to Ty Conklin was downright nasty as he skated in across the crease, breaking out the spinorama and sniping one past the Blues goalie. Tyler Bozak would go on to win it in the shootout for the Leafs but it’s Grabovsky’s goal that will leave everyone talking. Enjoy the show.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)