Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
I think we could all live pretty peacefully if all the highlight reel goals in the world we could see happen in the shootout. It’s the part of the game that was meant to have innovation and creativity.While some goalies throw a fit over seeing creativity brought to the forefront, Mikhail Grabovsky doesn’t think much of such complaints.
With the Leafs having blown a 5-2 lead to the Blues and now down by a goal in the shootout, it was up to Grabovsky to get the Leafs on the board in the over-glorified skills competition and Grabovsky pulled out a trick that would probably make a guy like Dan Ellis lose his mind all over again.
What Grabovsky did to Ty Conklin was downright nasty as he skated in across the crease, breaking out the spinorama and sniping one past the Blues goalie. Tyler Bozak would go on to win it in the shootout for the Leafs but it’s Grabovsky’s goal that will leave everyone talking. Enjoy the show.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54