Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
I think we could all live pretty peacefully if all the highlight reel goals in the world we could see happen in the shootout. It’s the part of the game that was meant to have innovation and creativity.While some goalies throw a fit over seeing creativity brought to the forefront, Mikhail Grabovsky doesn’t think much of such complaints.
With the Leafs having blown a 5-2 lead to the Blues and now down by a goal in the shootout, it was up to Grabovsky to get the Leafs on the board in the over-glorified skills competition and Grabovsky pulled out a trick that would probably make a guy like Dan Ellis lose his mind all over again.
What Grabovsky did to Ty Conklin was downright nasty as he skated in across the crease, breaking out the spinorama and sniping one past the Blues goalie. Tyler Bozak would go on to win it in the shootout for the Leafs but it’s Grabovsky’s goal that will leave everyone talking. Enjoy the show.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17