Dec 20, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Are we making this up? Oh no sir, the AHL’s Binghamton Senators’ Festivus-inspired jerseys are all too real judging by the fact that you can own one for $499 if you “buy it now” on eBay.
“Mydogranger” (I’m assuming that this buyer name is “My dog Ranger” and not a name inspired by an Indiana Pacers forward “My do Granger”) is running an auction for a game-worn jersey inspired by Seinfeld’s “Festivus” holiday.
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy writes that the Binghamton Senators wore those Festivus jerseys during a Saturday game against the Charlotte Checkers. It’s a game worn jersey by Derek Smith, one of only 30 jerseys available from the Saturday contest according to the seller.
Personally, I prefer these cheeky holiday jerseys over those garish duds introduced by the ECHL’s Florida Everblades. You can see the back (or “punchline”) of the jersey at the top of this post and check out the front below. (Note: all images via the eBay page.)
With these jerseys in mind, I thought I’d share a video clip of the great Seinfeld shtick for “the rest of us” (aka people who are still working today … or those who are just bored with some extra vacation time).
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 10
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)