Dec 20, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Are we making this up? Oh no sir, the AHL’s Binghamton Senators’ Festivus-inspired jerseys are all too real judging by the fact that you can own one for $499 if you “buy it now” on eBay.
“Mydogranger” (I’m assuming that this buyer name is “My dog Ranger” and not a name inspired by an Indiana Pacers forward “My do Granger”) is running an auction for a game-worn jersey inspired by Seinfeld’s “Festivus” holiday.
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy writes that the Binghamton Senators wore those Festivus jerseys during a Saturday game against the Charlotte Checkers. It’s a game worn jersey by Derek Smith, one of only 30 jerseys available from the Saturday contest according to the seller.
Personally, I prefer these cheeky holiday jerseys over those garish duds introduced by the ECHL’s Florida Everblades. You can see the back (or “punchline”) of the jersey at the top of this post and check out the front below. (Note: all images via the eBay page.)
With these jerseys in mind, I thought I’d share a video clip of the great Seinfeld shtick for “the rest of us” (aka people who are still working today … or those who are just bored with some extra vacation time).
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21