Dec 20, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Are we making this up? Oh no sir, the AHL’s Binghamton Senators’ Festivus-inspired jerseys are all too real judging by the fact that you can own one for $499 if you “buy it now” on eBay.
“Mydogranger” (I’m assuming that this buyer name is “My dog Ranger” and not a name inspired by an Indiana Pacers forward “My do Granger”) is running an auction for a game-worn jersey inspired by Seinfeld’s “Festivus” holiday.
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy writes that the Binghamton Senators wore those Festivus jerseys during a Saturday game against the Charlotte Checkers. It’s a game worn jersey by Derek Smith, one of only 30 jerseys available from the Saturday contest according to the seller.
Personally, I prefer these cheeky holiday jerseys over those garish duds introduced by the ECHL’s Florida Everblades. You can see the back (or “punchline”) of the jersey at the top of this post and check out the front below. (Note: all images via the eBay page.)
With these jerseys in mind, I thought I’d share a video clip of the great Seinfeld shtick for “the rest of us” (aka people who are still working today … or those who are just bored with some extra vacation time).
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)