Dec 20, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Are we making this up? Oh no sir, the AHL’s Binghamton Senators’ Festivus-inspired jerseys are all too real judging by the fact that you can own one for $499 if you “buy it now” on eBay.
“Mydogranger” (I’m assuming that this buyer name is “My dog Ranger” and not a name inspired by an Indiana Pacers forward “My do Granger”) is running an auction for a game-worn jersey inspired by Seinfeld’s “Festivus” holiday.
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy writes that the Binghamton Senators wore those Festivus jerseys during a Saturday game against the Charlotte Checkers. It’s a game worn jersey by Derek Smith, one of only 30 jerseys available from the Saturday contest according to the seller.
Personally, I prefer these cheeky holiday jerseys over those garish duds introduced by the ECHL’s Florida Everblades. You can see the back (or “punchline”) of the jersey at the top of this post and check out the front below. (Note: all images via the eBay page.)
With these jerseys in mind, I thought I’d share a video clip of the great Seinfeld shtick for “the rest of us” (aka people who are still working today … or those who are just bored with some extra vacation time).
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)