Dec 20, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Are we making this up? Oh no sir, the AHL’s Binghamton Senators’ Festivus-inspired jerseys are all too real judging by the fact that you can own one for $499 if you “buy it now” on eBay.
“Mydogranger” (I’m assuming that this buyer name is “My dog Ranger” and not a name inspired by an Indiana Pacers forward “My do Granger”) is running an auction for a game-worn jersey inspired by Seinfeld’s “Festivus” holiday.
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy writes that the Binghamton Senators wore those Festivus jerseys during a Saturday game against the Charlotte Checkers. It’s a game worn jersey by Derek Smith, one of only 30 jerseys available from the Saturday contest according to the seller.
Personally, I prefer these cheeky holiday jerseys over those garish duds introduced by the ECHL’s Florida Everblades. You can see the back (or “punchline”) of the jersey at the top of this post and check out the front below. (Note: all images via the eBay page.)
With these jerseys in mind, I thought I’d share a video clip of the great Seinfeld shtick for “the rest of us” (aka people who are still working today … or those who are just bored with some extra vacation time).
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40