Dec 14, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Most weeks, there’s the worry that people don’t really know which goal we’re even discussing when someone wins the goal of the week.
(To be honest, I was concerned that Pavel Datsyuk’s tally would slip under the radar altogether.)
Well, chances are pretty slim that most hockey fans are oblivious to the winner for December 6-12. Linus Omark’s spin move/hot dogging during a shootout game winner created quite a stir around the hockey world, as people discussed whether it was disrespectful for such a young player to put on such a display or if it’s an example of some sorely needed showmanship in the league.
Either way, it was probably the most entertaining and certainly the most talked-about goal of last week so it won the award. Check out the poll results.
As you can tell, Omark won it fairly comfortable. Check out the goal below and decide yourself if it’s entertaining, offensive … or both.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 7
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)