Dec 14, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Most weeks, there’s the worry that people don’t really know which goal we’re even discussing when someone wins the goal of the week.
(To be honest, I was concerned that Pavel Datsyuk’s tally would slip under the radar altogether.)
Well, chances are pretty slim that most hockey fans are oblivious to the winner for December 6-12. Linus Omark’s spin move/hot dogging during a shootout game winner created quite a stir around the hockey world, as people discussed whether it was disrespectful for such a young player to put on such a display or if it’s an example of some sorely needed showmanship in the league.
Either way, it was probably the most entertaining and certainly the most talked-about goal of last week so it won the award. Check out the poll results.
As you can tell, Omark won it fairly comfortable. Check out the goal below and decide yourself if it’s entertaining, offensive … or both.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 13
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 8
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 7
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 31
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)