Dec 14, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Most weeks, there’s the worry that people don’t really know which goal we’re even discussing when someone wins the goal of the week.
(To be honest, I was concerned that Pavel Datsyuk’s tally would slip under the radar altogether.)
Well, chances are pretty slim that most hockey fans are oblivious to the winner for December 6-12. Linus Omark’s spin move/hot dogging during a shootout game winner created quite a stir around the hockey world, as people discussed whether it was disrespectful for such a young player to put on such a display or if it’s an example of some sorely needed showmanship in the league.
Either way, it was probably the most entertaining and certainly the most talked-about goal of last week so it won the award. Check out the poll results.
As you can tell, Omark won it fairly comfortable. Check out the goal below and decide yourself if it’s entertaining, offensive … or both.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)