Dec 14, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Most weeks, there’s the worry that people don’t really know which goal we’re even discussing when someone wins the goal of the week.
(To be honest, I was concerned that Pavel Datsyuk’s tally would slip under the radar altogether.)
Well, chances are pretty slim that most hockey fans are oblivious to the winner for December 6-12. Linus Omark’s spin move/hot dogging during a shootout game winner created quite a stir around the hockey world, as people discussed whether it was disrespectful for such a young player to put on such a display or if it’s an example of some sorely needed showmanship in the league.
Either way, it was probably the most entertaining and certainly the most talked-about goal of last week so it won the award. Check out the poll results.
As you can tell, Omark won it fairly comfortable. Check out the goal below and decide yourself if it’s entertaining, offensive … or both.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)