Dec 14, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Most weeks, there’s the worry that people don’t really know which goal we’re even discussing when someone wins the goal of the week.
(To be honest, I was concerned that Pavel Datsyuk’s tally would slip under the radar altogether.)
Well, chances are pretty slim that most hockey fans are oblivious to the winner for December 6-12. Linus Omark’s spin move/hot dogging during a shootout game winner created quite a stir around the hockey world, as people discussed whether it was disrespectful for such a young player to put on such a display or if it’s an example of some sorely needed showmanship in the league.
Either way, it was probably the most entertaining and certainly the most talked-about goal of last week so it won the award. Check out the poll results.
As you can tell, Omark won it fairly comfortable. Check out the goal below and decide yourself if it’s entertaining, offensive … or both.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 15
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 29
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)