Dec 7, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
It almost always feels great to see justice served.
There were other impressive goals from November 29-December 5, but from the first time I saw Pavel Datsyuk deke his way through San Jose Sharks defensemen with his characteristic grace, I knew he was the odds-on favorite to take home this imaginary prize.
In a league full of well-trained players and coaches who depend on video tutelage, it’s truly amazing to see a player beat two or more players plus a goalie. Even some of the most talented hockey players cannot accomplish that task, but there really isn’t ever a safe time to take on Datsyuk.
His two-way play brings him into the “best player in the world” discussion even if his goal and assist numbers trail the very elite in the NHL, but it’s those sublime sequences of stickhandling that make him a true delight. Here are the poll results.
Enough of my jibber jabber, enjoy the video of Datsyuk’s goal of the week worthy efforts.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54