Dec 7, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
It almost always feels great to see justice served.
There were other impressive goals from November 29-December 5, but from the first time I saw Pavel Datsyuk deke his way through San Jose Sharks defensemen with his characteristic grace, I knew he was the odds-on favorite to take home this imaginary prize.
In a league full of well-trained players and coaches who depend on video tutelage, it’s truly amazing to see a player beat two or more players plus a goalie. Even some of the most talented hockey players cannot accomplish that task, but there really isn’t ever a safe time to take on Datsyuk.
His two-way play brings him into the “best player in the world” discussion even if his goal and assist numbers trail the very elite in the NHL, but it’s those sublime sequences of stickhandling that make him a true delight. Here are the poll results.
Enough of my jibber jabber, enjoy the video of Datsyuk’s goal of the week worthy efforts.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)