Dec 7, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
It almost always feels great to see justice served.
There were other impressive goals from November 29-December 5, but from the first time I saw Pavel Datsyuk deke his way through San Jose Sharks defensemen with his characteristic grace, I knew he was the odds-on favorite to take home this imaginary prize.
In a league full of well-trained players and coaches who depend on video tutelage, it’s truly amazing to see a player beat two or more players plus a goalie. Even some of the most talented hockey players cannot accomplish that task, but there really isn’t ever a safe time to take on Datsyuk.
His two-way play brings him into the “best player in the world” discussion even if his goal and assist numbers trail the very elite in the NHL, but it’s those sublime sequences of stickhandling that make him a true delight. Here are the poll results.
Enough of my jibber jabber, enjoy the video of Datsyuk’s goal of the week worthy efforts.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 9
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)