Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
While there were some fairly pretty goals, none stood out so much that they defeated what had to be the best individual effort from any skater on Sunday.
Many fans might not like him (really, just about any Western Conference team – if not everyone outside of Anaheim – might have a beef with the guy), but one thing you cannot deny about Corey Perry is his high-end skill.
It’s that combination of pest prowess, penalty minutes and puck skills that makes him such a useful player in fantasy hockey (as well as reality). Yet the Stanley Cup winning young power forward accomplished something he’s never done in the league before on Sunday: he scored his first career hat trick.
Combine those three goals – one at even strength, one on the man advantage and one on a penalty shot – with two assists and you have a downright masterful performance. So congrats to the much-reviled Perry. Perhaps this evens out that own goal we posted a while ago?
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (75)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (72)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (72)