Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While there were some fairly pretty goals, none stood out so much that they defeated what had to be the best individual effort from any skater on Sunday.
Many fans might not like him (really, just about any Western Conference team – if not everyone outside of Anaheim – might have a beef with the guy), but one thing you cannot deny about Corey Perry is his high-end skill.
It’s that combination of pest prowess, penalty minutes and puck skills that makes him such a useful player in fantasy hockey (as well as reality). Yet the Stanley Cup winning young power forward accomplished something he’s never done in the league before on Sunday: he scored his first career hat trick.
Combine those three goals – one at even strength, one on the man advantage and one on a penalty shot – with two assists and you have a downright masterful performance. So congrats to the much-reviled Perry. Perhaps this evens out that own goal we posted a while ago?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)