Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While there were some fairly pretty goals, none stood out so much that they defeated what had to be the best individual effort from any skater on Sunday.
Many fans might not like him (really, just about any Western Conference team – if not everyone outside of Anaheim – might have a beef with the guy), but one thing you cannot deny about Corey Perry is his high-end skill.
It’s that combination of pest prowess, penalty minutes and puck skills that makes him such a useful player in fantasy hockey (as well as reality). Yet the Stanley Cup winning young power forward accomplished something he’s never done in the league before on Sunday: he scored his first career hat trick.
Combine those three goals – one at even strength, one on the man advantage and one on a penalty shot – with two assists and you have a downright masterful performance. So congrats to the much-reviled Perry. Perhaps this evens out that own goal we posted a while ago?
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)