Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While there were some fairly pretty goals, none stood out so much that they defeated what had to be the best individual effort from any skater on Sunday.
Many fans might not like him (really, just about any Western Conference team – if not everyone outside of Anaheim – might have a beef with the guy), but one thing you cannot deny about Corey Perry is his high-end skill.
It’s that combination of pest prowess, penalty minutes and puck skills that makes him such a useful player in fantasy hockey (as well as reality). Yet the Stanley Cup winning young power forward accomplished something he’s never done in the league before on Sunday: he scored his first career hat trick.
Combine those three goals – one at even strength, one on the man advantage and one on a penalty shot – with two assists and you have a downright masterful performance. So congrats to the much-reviled Perry. Perhaps this evens out that own goal we posted a while ago?
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)