Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While there were some fairly pretty goals, none stood out so much that they defeated what had to be the best individual effort from any skater on Sunday.
Many fans might not like him (really, just about any Western Conference team – if not everyone outside of Anaheim – might have a beef with the guy), but one thing you cannot deny about Corey Perry is his high-end skill.
It’s that combination of pest prowess, penalty minutes and puck skills that makes him such a useful player in fantasy hockey (as well as reality). Yet the Stanley Cup winning young power forward accomplished something he’s never done in the league before on Sunday: he scored his first career hat trick.
Combine those three goals – one at even strength, one on the man advantage and one on a penalty shot – with two assists and you have a downright masterful performance. So congrats to the much-reviled Perry. Perhaps this evens out that own goal we posted a while ago?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)