Nov 22, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Here are summaries of tonight’s four games.
The Dustin Byfuglien Experiment continues to succeed in Atlanta, as the hybrid forward/defenseman was involved in both of the Thrashers’ goals, including the game-winner in overtime. He now has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points in 21 games. Ondrej Pavelec (28 out of 29 saves) and Rick DiPietro (33 for 35) both played exceptionally well tonight, but Pavelec got the win.
Of course, everything was overshadowed by Mike Mottau’s scary injury, which we’ll keep tabs on this week.
Here is a full recap of that game.
All of a sudden, the Ducks are ice cold again. They won six games in a row but now they’re a five game losing streak, with the previous 10 games being decided by one goal.
The Oilers beat them by two, though, thanks to an empty net goal by Tom Gilbert. Devan Dubnyk was the true star of this game, though, stopping 38 out of 40 shots. Could he be onto something?
Don’t look now, but the Phoenix Coyotes look like the newest hot team in the Pacific Division. They are quietly on a six game winning streak after edging the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is on the other end of the momentum cycle, dropping four in a row.
Taylor Pyatt made his former team pay in this one, scoring two goals, including the game winner.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)