Nov 22, 2010, 12:02 AM EST
Here are summaries of tonight’s four games.
The Dustin Byfuglien Experiment continues to succeed in Atlanta, as the hybrid forward/defenseman was involved in both of the Thrashers’ goals, including the game-winner in overtime. He now has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points in 21 games. Ondrej Pavelec (28 out of 29 saves) and Rick DiPietro (33 for 35) both played exceptionally well tonight, but Pavelec got the win.
Of course, everything was overshadowed by Mike Mottau’s scary injury, which we’ll keep tabs on this week.
Here is a full recap of that game.
All of a sudden, the Ducks are ice cold again. They won six games in a row but now they’re a five game losing streak, with the previous 10 games being decided by one goal.
The Oilers beat them by two, though, thanks to an empty net goal by Tom Gilbert. Devan Dubnyk was the true star of this game, though, stopping 38 out of 40 shots. Could he be onto something?
Don’t look now, but the Phoenix Coyotes look like the newest hot team in the Pacific Division. They are quietly on a six game winning streak after edging the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is on the other end of the momentum cycle, dropping four in a row.
Taylor Pyatt made his former team pay in this one, scoring two goals, including the game winner.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)