Nov 22, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Here are summaries of tonight’s four games.
The Dustin Byfuglien Experiment continues to succeed in Atlanta, as the hybrid forward/defenseman was involved in both of the Thrashers’ goals, including the game-winner in overtime. He now has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points in 21 games. Ondrej Pavelec (28 out of 29 saves) and Rick DiPietro (33 for 35) both played exceptionally well tonight, but Pavelec got the win.
Of course, everything was overshadowed by Mike Mottau’s scary injury, which we’ll keep tabs on this week.
Here is a full recap of that game.
All of a sudden, the Ducks are ice cold again. They won six games in a row but now they’re a five game losing streak, with the previous 10 games being decided by one goal.
The Oilers beat them by two, though, thanks to an empty net goal by Tom Gilbert. Devan Dubnyk was the true star of this game, though, stopping 38 out of 40 shots. Could he be onto something?
Don’t look now, but the Phoenix Coyotes look like the newest hot team in the Pacific Division. They are quietly on a six game winning streak after edging the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is on the other end of the momentum cycle, dropping four in a row.
Taylor Pyatt made his former team pay in this one, scoring two goals, including the game winner.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 13
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 7
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 30
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)