Nov 22, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Here are summaries of tonight’s four games.
The Dustin Byfuglien Experiment continues to succeed in Atlanta, as the hybrid forward/defenseman was involved in both of the Thrashers’ goals, including the game-winner in overtime. He now has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points in 21 games. Ondrej Pavelec (28 out of 29 saves) and Rick DiPietro (33 for 35) both played exceptionally well tonight, but Pavelec got the win.
Of course, everything was overshadowed by Mike Mottau’s scary injury, which we’ll keep tabs on this week.
Here is a full recap of that game.
All of a sudden, the Ducks are ice cold again. They won six games in a row but now they’re a five game losing streak, with the previous 10 games being decided by one goal.
The Oilers beat them by two, though, thanks to an empty net goal by Tom Gilbert. Devan Dubnyk was the true star of this game, though, stopping 38 out of 40 shots. Could he be onto something?
Don’t look now, but the Phoenix Coyotes look like the newest hot team in the Pacific Division. They are quietly on a six game winning streak after edging the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is on the other end of the momentum cycle, dropping four in a row.
Taylor Pyatt made his former team pay in this one, scoring two goals, including the game winner.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 9
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)