Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
While there hasn’t been a whole lot more news or information regarding the specifics of Mike Mottau’s condition, we do have a couple updates that seem to indicate he might be OK. At least in the grand scheme of things. Both of the updates come from Katie Strang of New York Newsday.
First, Strang wrote that although Mottau was taken off the ice on a stretcher, it was done for precautionary reasons. Apparently the New York Islanders defenseman was “lucid and coherent” and walked to the ambulance on his own.
Secondly, Strang passed along an update regarding his short term future: Mottau will stay in an Atlanta hospital overnight before he will be reevaluated by doctors in New York on Monday.
Now, these updates don’t guarantee that Mottau will be fine. That being said, they certainly give some reason for optimism. If nothing else, it sounds like he’ll be OK in the grand scheme of things. It’s just a question of whether or not this will affect his vision on the ice.
Naturally, we’ll keep you up to date regarding Mottau’s status, though there probably won’t be much out there until Monday afternoon or later.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)