Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
While there hasn’t been a whole lot more news or information regarding the specifics of Mike Mottau’s condition, we do have a couple updates that seem to indicate he might be OK. At least in the grand scheme of things. Both of the updates come from Katie Strang of New York Newsday.
First, Strang wrote that although Mottau was taken off the ice on a stretcher, it was done for precautionary reasons. Apparently the New York Islanders defenseman was “lucid and coherent” and walked to the ambulance on his own.
Secondly, Strang passed along an update regarding his short term future: Mottau will stay in an Atlanta hospital overnight before he will be reevaluated by doctors in New York on Monday.
Now, these updates don’t guarantee that Mottau will be fine. That being said, they certainly give some reason for optimism. If nothing else, it sounds like he’ll be OK in the grand scheme of things. It’s just a question of whether or not this will affect his vision on the ice.
Naturally, we’ll keep you up to date regarding Mottau’s status, though there probably won’t be much out there until Monday afternoon or later.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 48
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 18
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 28
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (61)