Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 PM EDT
While there hasn’t been a whole lot more news or information regarding the specifics of Mike Mottau’s condition, we do have a couple updates that seem to indicate he might be OK. At least in the grand scheme of things. Both of the updates come from Katie Strang of New York Newsday.
First, Strang wrote that although Mottau was taken off the ice on a stretcher, it was done for precautionary reasons. Apparently the New York Islanders defenseman was “lucid and coherent” and walked to the ambulance on his own.
Secondly, Strang passed along an update regarding his short term future: Mottau will stay in an Atlanta hospital overnight before he will be reevaluated by doctors in New York on Monday.
Now, these updates don’t guarantee that Mottau will be fine. That being said, they certainly give some reason for optimism. If nothing else, it sounds like he’ll be OK in the grand scheme of things. It’s just a question of whether or not this will affect his vision on the ice.
Naturally, we’ll keep you up to date regarding Mottau’s status, though there probably won’t be much out there until Monday afternoon or later.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)