Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 PM EDT
While there hasn’t been a whole lot more news or information regarding the specifics of Mike Mottau’s condition, we do have a couple updates that seem to indicate he might be OK. At least in the grand scheme of things. Both of the updates come from Katie Strang of New York Newsday.
First, Strang wrote that although Mottau was taken off the ice on a stretcher, it was done for precautionary reasons. Apparently the New York Islanders defenseman was “lucid and coherent” and walked to the ambulance on his own.
Secondly, Strang passed along an update regarding his short term future: Mottau will stay in an Atlanta hospital overnight before he will be reevaluated by doctors in New York on Monday.
Now, these updates don’t guarantee that Mottau will be fine. That being said, they certainly give some reason for optimism. If nothing else, it sounds like he’ll be OK in the grand scheme of things. It’s just a question of whether or not this will affect his vision on the ice.
Naturally, we’ll keep you up to date regarding Mottau’s status, though there probably won’t be much out there until Monday afternoon or later.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 13
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 46
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 65
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 19
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 32
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (81)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games