Nov 16, 2010, 3:53 PM EDT
Note: you can still vote for Save of the Week here.
The Buffalo Sabres are playing much-improved hockey right now, and while many will point to the return of Ryan Miller, highly paid sniper Thomas Vanek is also producing at a much higher rate lately.
He had a big part in forcing a turnover that allowed Tyler Myers to score an overtime game-winner against the Vancouver Canucks, but his best moment was a dazzling set of dekes that helped the Sabres beat the Washington Capitals in OT.
Here are the poll results.
Congrats to Vanek, who edged out Henrik Zetterberg by a pretty healthy margin. I have to admit I’m a little bummed out that Derek Boogaard didn’t get more votes, even if his goal was more about novelty than beauty.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5