Nov 16, 2010, 3:53 PM EDT
Note: you can still vote for Save of the Week here.
The Buffalo Sabres are playing much-improved hockey right now, and while many will point to the return of Ryan Miller, highly paid sniper Thomas Vanek is also producing at a much higher rate lately.
He had a big part in forcing a turnover that allowed Tyler Myers to score an overtime game-winner against the Vancouver Canucks, but his best moment was a dazzling set of dekes that helped the Sabres beat the Washington Capitals in OT.
Here are the poll results.
Congrats to Vanek, who edged out Henrik Zetterberg by a pretty healthy margin. I have to admit I’m a little bummed out that Derek Boogaard didn’t get more votes, even if his goal was more about novelty than beauty.
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 3
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)