Nov 16, 2010, 3:53 PM EDT
Note: you can still vote for Save of the Week here.
The Buffalo Sabres are playing much-improved hockey right now, and while many will point to the return of Ryan Miller, highly paid sniper Thomas Vanek is also producing at a much higher rate lately.
He had a big part in forcing a turnover that allowed Tyler Myers to score an overtime game-winner against the Vancouver Canucks, but his best moment was a dazzling set of dekes that helped the Sabres beat the Washington Capitals in OT.
Here are the poll results.
Congrats to Vanek, who edged out Henrik Zetterberg by a pretty healthy margin. I have to admit I’m a little bummed out that Derek Boogaard didn’t get more votes, even if his goal was more about novelty than beauty.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)