Nov 16, 2010, 3:53 PM EST
Note: you can still vote for Save of the Week here.
The Buffalo Sabres are playing much-improved hockey right now, and while many will point to the return of Ryan Miller, highly paid sniper Thomas Vanek is also producing at a much higher rate lately.
He had a big part in forcing a turnover that allowed Tyler Myers to score an overtime game-winner against the Vancouver Canucks, but his best moment was a dazzling set of dekes that helped the Sabres beat the Washington Capitals in OT.
Here are the poll results.
Congrats to Vanek, who edged out Henrik Zetterberg by a pretty healthy margin. I have to admit I’m a little bummed out that Derek Boogaard didn’t get more votes, even if his goal was more about novelty than beauty.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)