Nov 16, 2010, 3:53 PM EST
Note: you can still vote for Save of the Week here.
The Buffalo Sabres are playing much-improved hockey right now, and while many will point to the return of Ryan Miller, highly paid sniper Thomas Vanek is also producing at a much higher rate lately.
He had a big part in forcing a turnover that allowed Tyler Myers to score an overtime game-winner against the Vancouver Canucks, but his best moment was a dazzling set of dekes that helped the Sabres beat the Washington Capitals in OT.
Here are the poll results.
Congrats to Vanek, who edged out Henrik Zetterberg by a pretty healthy margin. I have to admit I’m a little bummed out that Derek Boogaard didn’t get more votes, even if his goal was more about novelty than beauty.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)