Nov 12, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
With this being the 85th season the New York Rangers have been in the NHL, it’s only fitting that they commemorate the significance of that with a grand unveiling of their new third jersey that pays respect to those Rangers teams of the past. While we’ve gotten a peek at them before thanks to Sean Avery showing them off briefly on his own website, tonight the team showed it off in style at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Check out these sweet new jerseys. We’re giving them the official thumbs up after being fairly lukewarm about them before. Feel free to click on the photos to get them in larger size.
These things are pretty good looking and, well, for the ladies we’re sure you enjoy the photos of the guys showing off the new duds. Enjoy.
As for the details, there’s a shoulder patch that highlights the history of the team that makes for a particularly nice touch, as well as a listing of all the retired numbers in Rangers history along the bottom fringe of the jersey. Classy touch.
With these nods to the Rangers history, it’s a nicely done piece to pay homage to the team. We’re sure many fans will be eager to get their hands on these new duds.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)