Nov 12, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
With this being the 85th season the New York Rangers have been in the NHL, it’s only fitting that they commemorate the significance of that with a grand unveiling of their new third jersey that pays respect to those Rangers teams of the past. While we’ve gotten a peek at them before thanks to Sean Avery showing them off briefly on his own website, tonight the team showed it off in style at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Check out these sweet new jerseys. We’re giving them the official thumbs up after being fairly lukewarm about them before. Feel free to click on the photos to get them in larger size.
These things are pretty good looking and, well, for the ladies we’re sure you enjoy the photos of the guys showing off the new duds. Enjoy.
As for the details, there’s a shoulder patch that highlights the history of the team that makes for a particularly nice touch, as well as a listing of all the retired numbers in Rangers history along the bottom fringe of the jersey. Classy touch.
With these nods to the Rangers history, it’s a nicely done piece to pay homage to the team. We’re sure many fans will be eager to get their hands on these new duds.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 11
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13