Nov 12, 2010, 9:15 PM EST
With this being the 85th season the New York Rangers have been in the NHL, it’s only fitting that they commemorate the significance of that with a grand unveiling of their new third jersey that pays respect to those Rangers teams of the past. While we’ve gotten a peek at them before thanks to Sean Avery showing them off briefly on his own website, tonight the team showed it off in style at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Check out these sweet new jerseys. We’re giving them the official thumbs up after being fairly lukewarm about them before. Feel free to click on the photos to get them in larger size.
These things are pretty good looking and, well, for the ladies we’re sure you enjoy the photos of the guys showing off the new duds. Enjoy.
As for the details, there’s a shoulder patch that highlights the history of the team that makes for a particularly nice touch, as well as a listing of all the retired numbers in Rangers history along the bottom fringe of the jersey. Classy touch.
With these nods to the Rangers history, it’s a nicely done piece to pay homage to the team. We’re sure many fans will be eager to get their hands on these new duds.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 9
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 12
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 38
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8