Nov 12, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
With this being the 85th season the New York Rangers have been in the NHL, it’s only fitting that they commemorate the significance of that with a grand unveiling of their new third jersey that pays respect to those Rangers teams of the past. While we’ve gotten a peek at them before thanks to Sean Avery showing them off briefly on his own website, tonight the team showed it off in style at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Check out these sweet new jerseys. We’re giving them the official thumbs up after being fairly lukewarm about them before. Feel free to click on the photos to get them in larger size.
These things are pretty good looking and, well, for the ladies we’re sure you enjoy the photos of the guys showing off the new duds. Enjoy.
As for the details, there’s a shoulder patch that highlights the history of the team that makes for a particularly nice touch, as well as a listing of all the retired numbers in Rangers history along the bottom fringe of the jersey. Classy touch.
With these nods to the Rangers history, it’s a nicely done piece to pay homage to the team. We’re sure many fans will be eager to get their hands on these new duds.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)