Nov 12, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
With this being the 85th season the New York Rangers have been in the NHL, it’s only fitting that they commemorate the significance of that with a grand unveiling of their new third jersey that pays respect to those Rangers teams of the past. While we’ve gotten a peek at them before thanks to Sean Avery showing them off briefly on his own website, tonight the team showed it off in style at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Check out these sweet new jerseys. We’re giving them the official thumbs up after being fairly lukewarm about them before. Feel free to click on the photos to get them in larger size.
These things are pretty good looking and, well, for the ladies we’re sure you enjoy the photos of the guys showing off the new duds. Enjoy.
As for the details, there’s a shoulder patch that highlights the history of the team that makes for a particularly nice touch, as well as a listing of all the retired numbers in Rangers history along the bottom fringe of the jersey. Classy touch.
With these nods to the Rangers history, it’s a nicely done piece to pay homage to the team. We’re sure many fans will be eager to get their hands on these new duds.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20