Sep 17, 2010, 9:45 AM EST
New York Rangers agitator/fashion mogul Sean Avery had a surprise for everyone on his website blog recently. (Update: The post has been removed from his page. Apparently the Rangers didn’t care for this surprise).
Yes, that’s Avery posing seemingly awkwardly in a pair of glasses not seen since Buddy Holly’s days rocking out in the 1950s wearing what appears to be the New York Rangers third jersey. It also looks like they gave Avery a jersey that’s a size or two too big, but that’s beside the point. The question is, what do you make of the Rangers classicly-inspired new duds?
Many Rangers fans when they heard there would be a third jersey coming this year were hoping that their third jersey style featuring the bust from the Statue of Liberty might make a comeback, but it appears that’s not going to happen.
Our vote on this new one is somewhat indifferent. Nothing about this pops, but doing something that’s inspired by an old look is good by us. Count us in as bigger fans of Sean Avery’s glasses. Perhaps this will boost his rankings as one of the better-dressed players in the NHL. According to Michelle Kenneth, Avery could certainly use the help.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28