Sep 17, 2010, 9:45 AM EST
New York Rangers agitator/fashion mogul Sean Avery had a surprise for everyone on his website blog recently. (Update: The post has been removed from his page. Apparently the Rangers didn’t care for this surprise).
Yes, that’s Avery posing seemingly awkwardly in a pair of glasses not seen since Buddy Holly’s days rocking out in the 1950s wearing what appears to be the New York Rangers third jersey. It also looks like they gave Avery a jersey that’s a size or two too big, but that’s beside the point. The question is, what do you make of the Rangers classicly-inspired new duds?
Many Rangers fans when they heard there would be a third jersey coming this year were hoping that their third jersey style featuring the bust from the Statue of Liberty might make a comeback, but it appears that’s not going to happen.
Our vote on this new one is somewhat indifferent. Nothing about this pops, but doing something that’s inspired by an old look is good by us. Count us in as bigger fans of Sean Avery’s glasses. Perhaps this will boost his rankings as one of the better-dressed players in the NHL. According to Michelle Kenneth, Avery could certainly use the help.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 35
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 26
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 6
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 25
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 130
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (131)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (109)