Sep 17, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
New York Rangers agitator/fashion mogul Sean Avery had a surprise for everyone on his website blog recently. (Update: The post has been removed from his page. Apparently the Rangers didn’t care for this surprise).
Yes, that’s Avery posing seemingly awkwardly in a pair of glasses not seen since Buddy Holly’s days rocking out in the 1950s wearing what appears to be the New York Rangers third jersey. It also looks like they gave Avery a jersey that’s a size or two too big, but that’s beside the point. The question is, what do you make of the Rangers classicly-inspired new duds?
Many Rangers fans when they heard there would be a third jersey coming this year were hoping that their third jersey style featuring the bust from the Statue of Liberty might make a comeback, but it appears that’s not going to happen.
Our vote on this new one is somewhat indifferent. Nothing about this pops, but doing something that’s inspired by an old look is good by us. Count us in as bigger fans of Sean Avery’s glasses. Perhaps this will boost his rankings as one of the better-dressed players in the NHL. According to Michelle Kenneth, Avery could certainly use the help.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)