Sep 17, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
New York Rangers agitator/fashion mogul Sean Avery had a surprise for everyone on his website blog recently. (Update: The post has been removed from his page. Apparently the Rangers didn’t care for this surprise).
Yes, that’s Avery posing seemingly awkwardly in a pair of glasses not seen since Buddy Holly’s days rocking out in the 1950s wearing what appears to be the New York Rangers third jersey. It also looks like they gave Avery a jersey that’s a size or two too big, but that’s beside the point. The question is, what do you make of the Rangers classicly-inspired new duds?
Many Rangers fans when they heard there would be a third jersey coming this year were hoping that their third jersey style featuring the bust from the Statue of Liberty might make a comeback, but it appears that’s not going to happen.
Our vote on this new one is somewhat indifferent. Nothing about this pops, but doing something that’s inspired by an old look is good by us. Count us in as bigger fans of Sean Avery’s glasses. Perhaps this will boost his rankings as one of the better-dressed players in the NHL. According to Michelle Kenneth, Avery could certainly use the help.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)