Sep 17, 2010, 9:45 AM EST
New York Rangers agitator/fashion mogul Sean Avery had a surprise for everyone on his website blog recently. (Update: The post has been removed from his page. Apparently the Rangers didn’t care for this surprise).
Yes, that’s Avery posing seemingly awkwardly in a pair of glasses not seen since Buddy Holly’s days rocking out in the 1950s wearing what appears to be the New York Rangers third jersey. It also looks like they gave Avery a jersey that’s a size or two too big, but that’s beside the point. The question is, what do you make of the Rangers classicly-inspired new duds?
Many Rangers fans when they heard there would be a third jersey coming this year were hoping that their third jersey style featuring the bust from the Statue of Liberty might make a comeback, but it appears that’s not going to happen.
Our vote on this new one is somewhat indifferent. Nothing about this pops, but doing something that’s inspired by an old look is good by us. Count us in as bigger fans of Sean Avery’s glasses. Perhaps this will boost his rankings as one of the better-dressed players in the NHL. According to Michelle Kenneth, Avery could certainly use the help.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)