Nov 3, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Sabres star goalie Ryan Miller, who has been dealing with a lower body injury of some sort, will not be available to play at home tonight against Boston. Without Miller in the lineup, the Sabres called up Jhonas Enroth from Portland to back up Patrick Lalime. It remains to be seen whether Lalime or Enroth will get the start tonight. John Vogl of Sabres Edge gets the word on Miller’s status from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff.
“He’s not available to play today,” said coach Lindy Ruff, who had no timeframe for Miller’s return. “Just day-to-day right now.”
Ruff would not name a starting goalie for tonight, and Lalime and Enroth ended practice at the same time to not give any clues.
Lalime played in Saturday’s 4-0 loss to Dallas. He is 0-2 with a 4.04 goals-against average and .871 save percentage.
The Sabres will be dealing with a Boston team that’s red hot right now and will have Tim Thomas start in goal once again. This will mark Thomas’ seventh start of the season in just the Bruins ninth game. While the Bruins haven’t exactly been lighting it up offensively, with Thomas holding teams to less than one goal per game you don’t need much to win. Lalime (or Enroth) will need to really be on their game tonight to get the Sabres a victory.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)