Nov 3, 2010, 12:47 PM EST
Sabres star goalie Ryan Miller, who has been dealing with a lower body injury of some sort, will not be available to play at home tonight against Boston. Without Miller in the lineup, the Sabres called up Jhonas Enroth from Portland to back up Patrick Lalime. It remains to be seen whether Lalime or Enroth will get the start tonight. John Vogl of Sabres Edge gets the word on Miller’s status from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff.
“He’s not available to play today,” said coach Lindy Ruff, who had no timeframe for Miller’s return. “Just day-to-day right now.”
Ruff would not name a starting goalie for tonight, and Lalime and Enroth ended practice at the same time to not give any clues.
Lalime played in Saturday’s 4-0 loss to Dallas. He is 0-2 with a 4.04 goals-against average and .871 save percentage.
The Sabres will be dealing with a Boston team that’s red hot right now and will have Tim Thomas start in goal once again. This will mark Thomas’ seventh start of the season in just the Bruins ninth game. While the Bruins haven’t exactly been lighting it up offensively, with Thomas holding teams to less than one goal per game you don’t need much to win. Lalime (or Enroth) will need to really be on their game tonight to get the Sabres a victory.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35