Nov 3, 2010, 12:47 PM EST
Sabres star goalie Ryan Miller, who has been dealing with a lower body injury of some sort, will not be available to play at home tonight against Boston. Without Miller in the lineup, the Sabres called up Jhonas Enroth from Portland to back up Patrick Lalime. It remains to be seen whether Lalime or Enroth will get the start tonight. John Vogl of Sabres Edge gets the word on Miller’s status from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff.
“He’s not available to play today,” said coach Lindy Ruff, who had no timeframe for Miller’s return. “Just day-to-day right now.”
Ruff would not name a starting goalie for tonight, and Lalime and Enroth ended practice at the same time to not give any clues.
Lalime played in Saturday’s 4-0 loss to Dallas. He is 0-2 with a 4.04 goals-against average and .871 save percentage.
The Sabres will be dealing with a Boston team that’s red hot right now and will have Tim Thomas start in goal once again. This will mark Thomas’ seventh start of the season in just the Bruins ninth game. While the Bruins haven’t exactly been lighting it up offensively, with Thomas holding teams to less than one goal per game you don’t need much to win. Lalime (or Enroth) will need to really be on their game tonight to get the Sabres a victory.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)