Nov 3, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Sabres star goalie Ryan Miller, who has been dealing with a lower body injury of some sort, will not be available to play at home tonight against Boston. Without Miller in the lineup, the Sabres called up Jhonas Enroth from Portland to back up Patrick Lalime. It remains to be seen whether Lalime or Enroth will get the start tonight. John Vogl of Sabres Edge gets the word on Miller’s status from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff.
“He’s not available to play today,” said coach Lindy Ruff, who had no timeframe for Miller’s return. “Just day-to-day right now.”
Ruff would not name a starting goalie for tonight, and Lalime and Enroth ended practice at the same time to not give any clues.
Lalime played in Saturday’s 4-0 loss to Dallas. He is 0-2 with a 4.04 goals-against average and .871 save percentage.
The Sabres will be dealing with a Boston team that’s red hot right now and will have Tim Thomas start in goal once again. This will mark Thomas’ seventh start of the season in just the Bruins ninth game. While the Bruins haven’t exactly been lighting it up offensively, with Thomas holding teams to less than one goal per game you don’t need much to win. Lalime (or Enroth) will need to really be on their game tonight to get the Sabres a victory.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 0
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)