Nov 3, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Sabres star goalie Ryan Miller, who has been dealing with a lower body injury of some sort, will not be available to play at home tonight against Boston. Without Miller in the lineup, the Sabres called up Jhonas Enroth from Portland to back up Patrick Lalime. It remains to be seen whether Lalime or Enroth will get the start tonight. John Vogl of Sabres Edge gets the word on Miller’s status from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff.
“He’s not available to play today,” said coach Lindy Ruff, who had no timeframe for Miller’s return. “Just day-to-day right now.”
Ruff would not name a starting goalie for tonight, and Lalime and Enroth ended practice at the same time to not give any clues.
Lalime played in Saturday’s 4-0 loss to Dallas. He is 0-2 with a 4.04 goals-against average and .871 save percentage.
The Sabres will be dealing with a Boston team that’s red hot right now and will have Tim Thomas start in goal once again. This will mark Thomas’ seventh start of the season in just the Bruins ninth game. While the Bruins haven’t exactly been lighting it up offensively, with Thomas holding teams to less than one goal per game you don’t need much to win. Lalime (or Enroth) will need to really be on their game tonight to get the Sabres a victory.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)