Oct 18, 2010, 10:58 AM EDT
Coyotes captain Shane Doan had himself a bit of a busy night drawing the ire of the Anaheim Ducks for a pair of hits on two different Duck players. While we’ve mentioned his hit on Ducks rookie Cam Fowler, Doan also had a hit on Ducks forward Dan Sexton that very well may earn him a call from the NHL according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos. To see a video of the hit, please check it out here on YouTube.
With the NHL now taking a look at any and every shot to the head of a player during a game, Doan could very well be facing some discipline for this hit. In review, the hit is a bit late, to an unsuspecting opponent, and catches him up high around the head. That just about hits on every piece of evidence the NHL needs to hand down some form of punishment. Having it come from Doan, the team captain, makes it a bit more eyebrow-raising.
There were no fights stemming from either the hit on Sexton or Fowler and Ducks players were all saying the right things after the game, but you wonder if that’s because of the level of respect players have for Doan. After all, Doan’s been around the league for a while and doesn’t have a bad reputation at all. That lack of bad reputation could be what helps him stay off the league’s radar for discipline.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)