Oct 14, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
While the Ducks are still recovering from their brutal start to the season (beating Vancouver 4-3 last night helps) they’re getting some good news to help their ailing defense. Off-season free agent acquisition Toni Lydman has been cleared to play after suffering from mysterious double vision problems.
Lydman rejoins the Ducks at an opportune time as they’re without the services of Andy Sutton for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken right thumb. The Ducks defense has been a source of major problems for the team as they’ve been getting wildly outshot in all four of their games this season. While Lydman isn’t a shutdown defenseman by any means, he’s got NHL experience and he’s more than serviceable along the blue line.
To help make room for Lydman in the lineup, the Ducks reassigned Brett Festerling to Syracuse in the AHL. Festerling was called up when Andy Sutton went out of the lineup. Meanwhile the Ducks have been using Luca Sbisa to fill Sutton’s spot in the lineup. One would have to assume that Sbisa will end up out of the lineup with Lydman back and ready for action.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)