Oct 13, 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
While Senators fans were on pins and needles hoping for the best of news concerning captain Daniel Alfredsson and his “lower body injury” yesterday, they can breathe a little bit easier today as Alfredsson will start tomorrow night against Carolina.
“I just felt a little soreness in one of my muscles,” Alfredsson, who was given a community building award by United Way Wednesday, said of his early departure from Monday’s 3-2 overtime loss in Washington. “It was just precautionary. Nothing serious at all. I should be ready tomorrow .”
The Sens are already dealing with issues along their blue line with Filip Kuba out and Erik Karlsson notably struggling. Losing Alfredsson up front for any amount of time would be a tough pill to swallow for a team that’s struggling to score goals early on (four goals in three games). Of course, the Sens could stand to be better in all areas right now, but having to deal with any additional subtractions to the lineup wouldn’t help anything in Canada’s capital city.
For now, Senators fans can relax just a little bit with Alfredsson back in the lineup. If they can get Jason Spezza going they might just be able to get things rolling.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39