Oct 13, 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
While Senators fans were on pins and needles hoping for the best of news concerning captain Daniel Alfredsson and his “lower body injury” yesterday, they can breathe a little bit easier today as Alfredsson will start tomorrow night against Carolina.
“I just felt a little soreness in one of my muscles,” Alfredsson, who was given a community building award by United Way Wednesday, said of his early departure from Monday’s 3-2 overtime loss in Washington. “It was just precautionary. Nothing serious at all. I should be ready tomorrow .”
The Sens are already dealing with issues along their blue line with Filip Kuba out and Erik Karlsson notably struggling. Losing Alfredsson up front for any amount of time would be a tough pill to swallow for a team that’s struggling to score goals early on (four goals in three games). Of course, the Sens could stand to be better in all areas right now, but having to deal with any additional subtractions to the lineup wouldn’t help anything in Canada’s capital city.
For now, Senators fans can relax just a little bit with Alfredsson back in the lineup. If they can get Jason Spezza going they might just be able to get things rolling.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)