Oct 13, 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
While Senators fans were on pins and needles hoping for the best of news concerning captain Daniel Alfredsson and his “lower body injury” yesterday, they can breathe a little bit easier today as Alfredsson will start tomorrow night against Carolina.
“I just felt a little soreness in one of my muscles,” Alfredsson, who was given a community building award by United Way Wednesday, said of his early departure from Monday’s 3-2 overtime loss in Washington. “It was just precautionary. Nothing serious at all. I should be ready tomorrow .”
The Sens are already dealing with issues along their blue line with Filip Kuba out and Erik Karlsson notably struggling. Losing Alfredsson up front for any amount of time would be a tough pill to swallow for a team that’s struggling to score goals early on (four goals in three games). Of course, the Sens could stand to be better in all areas right now, but having to deal with any additional subtractions to the lineup wouldn’t help anything in Canada’s capital city.
For now, Senators fans can relax just a little bit with Alfredsson back in the lineup. If they can get Jason Spezza going they might just be able to get things rolling.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)