Oct 13, 2010, 4:53 PM EST
While Senators fans were on pins and needles hoping for the best of news concerning captain Daniel Alfredsson and his “lower body injury” yesterday, they can breathe a little bit easier today as Alfredsson will start tomorrow night against Carolina.
“I just felt a little soreness in one of my muscles,” Alfredsson, who was given a community building award by United Way Wednesday, said of his early departure from Monday’s 3-2 overtime loss in Washington. “It was just precautionary. Nothing serious at all. I should be ready tomorrow .”
The Sens are already dealing with issues along their blue line with Filip Kuba out and Erik Karlsson notably struggling. Losing Alfredsson up front for any amount of time would be a tough pill to swallow for a team that’s struggling to score goals early on (four goals in three games). Of course, the Sens could stand to be better in all areas right now, but having to deal with any additional subtractions to the lineup wouldn’t help anything in Canada’s capital city.
For now, Senators fans can relax just a little bit with Alfredsson back in the lineup. If they can get Jason Spezza going they might just be able to get things rolling.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)