Oct 12, 2010, 5:07 PM EDT
It’s already been a pretty tough start for the Ottawa Senators, as the team went 0-3 in their first three games so far this season. Things could get quite a bit worse if they lose their captain Daniel Alfredsson, though.
The high-scoring Swede left Monday’s game against Washington with the always vague “lower-body injury” and TSN reports that the winger will be re-evaluated today.
Alfredsson tends to get nicked up every season but only misses a handful to 12 games most years. Last season he played in 70 games, scoring 20 goals and 71 points overall.
Obviously, losing “Alf” for an extended period of time would be a considerable blow to the Senators. Any time you lose a team leader, point per game guy and a solid two-way guy, you’re going to be worse off. We will provide an update on Alfredsson’s condition whenever the team releases that information.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 23
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 56
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte