Oct 12, 2010, 5:07 PM EDT
It’s already been a pretty tough start for the Ottawa Senators, as the team went 0-3 in their first three games so far this season. Things could get quite a bit worse if they lose their captain Daniel Alfredsson, though.
The high-scoring Swede left Monday’s game against Washington with the always vague “lower-body injury” and TSN reports that the winger will be re-evaluated today.
Alfredsson tends to get nicked up every season but only misses a handful to 12 games most years. Last season he played in 70 games, scoring 20 goals and 71 points overall.
Obviously, losing “Alf” for an extended period of time would be a considerable blow to the Senators. Any time you lose a team leader, point per game guy and a solid two-way guy, you’re going to be worse off. We will provide an update on Alfredsson’s condition whenever the team releases that information.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)