Oct 12, 2010, 5:07 PM EDT
It’s already been a pretty tough start for the Ottawa Senators, as the team went 0-3 in their first three games so far this season. Things could get quite a bit worse if they lose their captain Daniel Alfredsson, though.
The high-scoring Swede left Monday’s game against Washington with the always vague “lower-body injury” and TSN reports that the winger will be re-evaluated today.
Alfredsson tends to get nicked up every season but only misses a handful to 12 games most years. Last season he played in 70 games, scoring 20 goals and 71 points overall.
Obviously, losing “Alf” for an extended period of time would be a considerable blow to the Senators. Any time you lose a team leader, point per game guy and a solid two-way guy, you’re going to be worse off. We will provide an update on Alfredsson’s condition whenever the team releases that information.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)