Oct 12, 2010, 4:55 PM EST
Niklas Hjalmarsson reportedly participated in a hearing with the NHL via a 1pm ET conference call with NHL head of discipline/guy who decides on suspensions Colin Campbell, according to TSN.
While the hearing probably already took place, the league might not have a decision regarding a possible suspension until earlier today or perhaps even tomorrow. The NHL tends to take its time with these matters, especially if the offending party’s team isn’t playing back-to-back games (both the Chicago Blackhawks and the Buffalo Sabres have the night off).
Hjalmarsson seemed remorseful about the hit.
Hjalmarsson hit Pominville with 5:42 left in the first period. Pominville sustained a concussion and a gash above his eye that required 7-8 stitches. He was diagnosed in the building without going to a hospital.
“Everything happened so fast,” Hjalmarsson said after the game. “My intention wasn’t to hurt him. You never want to see someone laying on the ice like that.”
Whether he’s sorry or not, it still happened and he might have to face repercussions for the dangerous body check. We put up a reader poll to see if people think he deserves a suspension, and so far the majority of voters say “yes” with three or more games being the most popular answer. Feel free to vote in that poll and share your opinion on the situation in the comments.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)