Oct 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
In case you haven’t heard, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson was ejected from tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres after driving a prone Jason Pominville into the boards. As we noted earlier, Pominville left the ice on a stretcher and was diagnosed with a concussion, but also showed signs of consciousness and did not need to go to the hospital.
While I would lean toward not suspending Hjalmarsson, I want to hear what you all think. First, take a look at the hit itself, by clicking on this link to the video from NHL.com.
OK, now that you’ve “reviewed the tape,” what do you think? Should Hjalmarsson receive a suspension? If so, for how long? Vote in the poll below.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39