Oct 12, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
In case you haven’t heard, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson was ejected from tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres after driving a prone Jason Pominville into the boards. As we noted earlier, Pominville left the ice on a stretcher and was diagnosed with a concussion, but also showed signs of consciousness and did not need to go to the hospital.
While I would lean toward not suspending Hjalmarsson, I want to hear what you all think. First, take a look at the hit itself, by clicking on this link to the video from NHL.com.
OK, now that you’ve “reviewed the tape,” what do you think? Should Hjalmarsson receive a suspension? If so, for how long? Vote in the poll below.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5