Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status.
The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to the Buffalo Sabres’ official Twitter feed.
Now, the bad news: the Sabres reported that Pominville did suffer from a concussion. My guess is either happened when his head hit the glass or in the fall to the ice.
Refer to this post for more discussion of the hit itself and whether or not Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson deserves to be suspended for that check on Pominville. The punishment should fit the crime rather than the aftermath, but chances are that Hjalmarsson’s fate might be determined as much by Pominville’s health as the act itself.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)