Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status.
The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to the Buffalo Sabres’ official Twitter feed.
Now, the bad news: the Sabres reported that Pominville did suffer from a concussion. My guess is either happened when his head hit the glass or in the fall to the ice.
Refer to this post for more discussion of the hit itself and whether or not Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson deserves to be suspended for that check on Pominville. The punishment should fit the crime rather than the aftermath, but chances are that Hjalmarsson’s fate might be determined as much by Pominville’s health as the act itself.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5