Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status.
The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to the Buffalo Sabres’ official Twitter feed.
Now, the bad news: the Sabres reported that Pominville did suffer from a concussion. My guess is either happened when his head hit the glass or in the fall to the ice.
Refer to this post for more discussion of the hit itself and whether or not Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson deserves to be suspended for that check on Pominville. The punishment should fit the crime rather than the aftermath, but chances are that Hjalmarsson’s fate might be determined as much by Pominville’s health as the act itself.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 7
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15