Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status.
The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to the Buffalo Sabres’ official Twitter feed.
Now, the bad news: the Sabres reported that Pominville did suffer from a concussion. My guess is either happened when his head hit the glass or in the fall to the ice.
Refer to this post for more discussion of the hit itself and whether or not Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson deserves to be suspended for that check on Pominville. The punishment should fit the crime rather than the aftermath, but chances are that Hjalmarsson’s fate might be determined as much by Pominville’s health as the act itself.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12