Oct 11, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres provided a little bit of good news and bad news in regard to Jason Pominville’s status.
The good news: not only did Pominville show signs of consciousness when he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, but he reportedly won’t need to go to the hospital. At least not according to the Buffalo Sabres’ official Twitter feed.
Now, the bad news: the Sabres reported that Pominville did suffer from a concussion. My guess is either happened when his head hit the glass or in the fall to the ice.
Refer to this post for more discussion of the hit itself and whether or not Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson deserves to be suspended for that check on Pominville. The punishment should fit the crime rather than the aftermath, but chances are that Hjalmarsson’s fate might be determined as much by Pominville’s health as the act itself.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 10
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 18
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)