Apr 26, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
There wasn’t much else Sergei Bobrovsky could’ve done for the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The Blue Jackets’ goalie was as busy as he was spectacular, only Columbus was unable to take advantage in a 3-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Blue Jackets now trail in the first-round series 3-2 and are facing elimination. Bobrovsky made 48 saves on the 50 shots he faced.
So, it was certainly difficult, if not impossible, to find fault in his performance. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets managed only 24 shots on Marc-Andre Fleury, as he came up with with the win and a much better game on an individual basis after the firestorm around the goals he gave up in Game 4.
“[We] just have to find ways to get pucks to Fleury. Obviously, there was a lot of talk going around that he’s struggling, so we didn’t test him nearly as much as we should,” said Columbus forward Ryan Johansen, as per NHL.com.
“Bob was great for us. He stood tall the whole game…it’s too bad we couldn’t get a couple more for him,” Johansen added, as per the Blue Jackets Twitter account.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)