Apr 26, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
There wasn’t much else Sergei Bobrovsky could’ve done for the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The Blue Jackets’ goalie was as busy as he was spectacular, only Columbus was unable to take advantage in a 3-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Blue Jackets now trail in the first-round series 3-2 and are facing elimination. Bobrovsky made 48 saves on the 50 shots he faced.
So, it was certainly difficult, if not impossible, to find fault in his performance. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets managed only 24 shots on Marc-Andre Fleury, as he came up with with the win and a much better game on an individual basis after the firestorm around the goals he gave up in Game 4.
“[We] just have to find ways to get pucks to Fleury. Obviously, there was a lot of talk going around that he’s struggling, so we didn’t test him nearly as much as we should,” said Columbus forward Ryan Johansen, as per NHL.com.
“Bob was great for us. He stood tall the whole game…it’s too bad we couldn’t get a couple more for him,” Johansen added, as per the Blue Jackets Twitter account.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)