Apr 22, 2014, 12:28 AM EDT
The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has offered Cooke an in-person hearing, which means a ban could exceed five games. A date and time was not announced. The department made the announcement via Twitter.
It was reported following Monday’s game that Barrie suffered an MCL injury and is out now four-to-six weeks.
The incident took place early in the second period of the Wild’s 1-0 overtime victory over the Avalanche. Colorado still leads the series 2-1.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5