Apr 22, 2014, 12:28 AM EDT
The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has offered Cooke an in-person hearing, which means a ban could exceed five games. A date and time was not announced. The department made the announcement via Twitter.
It was reported following Monday’s game that Barrie suffered an MCL injury and is out now four-to-six weeks.
The incident took place early in the second period of the Wild’s 1-0 overtime victory over the Avalanche. Colorado still leads the series 2-1.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22