Apr 22, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Devils defenseman Mark Fayne “underwent successful surgery to the core muscle of his left groin” today, according to New Jersey president/general manager Lou Lamoriello.
A rehabilitation period of eight to ten weeks is expected, though whether Fayne remains a member of the Devils is uncertain. The 26-year-old is an unrestricted free agent who had four goals and seven assists in 72 games this past season.
Fayne was a fifth-round draft pick of the Devils in 2005. A product of Providence College, his most recent contract paid him $2.6 million over two years.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)