Apr 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Curious development out of the Colorado camp today — the Avs recalled Joey Hishon, the 17th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, up from AHL Lake Erie and floated the possibility of him making his NHL debut in Game 4 against Minnesota.
Roy said he will evaluate Hishon at practice tomorrow to decide whether to put him in the lineup for Game 4 or not
— Adrian Dater (@adater) April 22, 2014
Hishon, a former OHL scoring sensation that scored 255 points in 214 games for Owen Sound, was taken ahead of the likes of Nick Bjugstad, Beau Bennett and Riley Sheahan at the ’10 draft, but had his career derailed during the 2011 Memorial Cup after suffering a severe concussion. He missed the entire 2011-12 season with post-concussion syndrome and took a long time getting back onto the ice, making his return with Lake Erie in March of 2013.
A second concussion suffered a month later threw a scare into both Hishon and the Avs organization, but he recovered in time to play 50 games for the Monsters this year, scoring 10 goals and 24 points.
Should he draw in for Game 4, Hishon would be making his big-league debut in a pressure-filled situation. The Avs have now gone 90-plus minutes without scoring on Minnesota goalie Darcy Kuemper and will be without offensive defenseman Tyson Barrie for the remainder of the series — he’ll be replaced by Ryan Wilson, Colorado announced on Tuesday.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)