Apr 22, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Is that headline too long?
Whatever. Here are some highlights from an NBC Sports Group press release:
— NBCSN is averaging 621,000 viewers (10 games), up 61% vs. 2013 (386,000 for 10 games).
— On NBC, Saturday’s Game 2 of the Blackhawks-Blues series averaged 1.855 million viewers, up 52% from the comparable game in 2013 (NYR-Was, 1.217 viewers, 5/4/13).
— Through the first five days, NBC Sports Live Extra’s live streaming coverage of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs has delivered 18.8 million minutes, 206,000 unique viewers, 508,000 visits and 1.22 million live starts. Those figures are up 532% (2.98 million minutes), 482% (36,000 uniques), 469% (89,000 visits), and 739% (145,000 live starts), respectively, vs. the first five days of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Meanwhile, in other NBC Sports Group news, Johnny Weir is going to be part of this year’s Kentucky Derby coverage.
He will probably wear a big, fun hat.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)